FS: '93 Specialized S-Works, Ringle Wheels/QR's, Middleburn

robdob444

Retro Newbie
Ok, a few things here, please note I am open to sensible offers for everything, especially for the whole lot!! I don't really know how much all this stuff is worth but the figures seem sensible. Based in Huddersfield, can post everything if needed. I can't seem to link photos onto here as I am quite new so please go to http://s410.photobucket.com/albums/pp18 ... ro%20sale/ for all the pictures.

1993 Specialized S Works Steel Frame and Forks. 22.5" HT, ST 19" C-T, 17.5 C-C. Obviously v-brake/canti only. 1" threaded forks. Very light at 4lb 2oz (1850g) for frame and 1lb 8oz (680g) for forks (measured on digital scales)
As you can see from the pictures the paint is nowhere near perfect and it could do with a respray. I think its best to be honest and show it is a real S-Works (decals are almost all there as you can see). It was repaired on the seatstay and seatclamp area many moons ago by Chas Roberts, and the paint is missing from the BB area where it had to be heated to get a Zero titanium BB out (sadly BB is now defunct!) but everything is perfectly straight as it should be. Threads on forks are perfect.
Would make a really nice light XC bike, or singlespeed maybe?
I will include an original Shimano Deore XT sealed threaded headset, in very good condition (may need new bearings but a clean out would suffice) - even the locknuts are in ace condition!
£120 posted ONO

Pair of ultra light XC wheels. Ringle screw on hubset in silver, with DT swiss double butted spokes and alloy nipples, and Mavic 230 SBP rims with stainless eyelets. Rear wheel weighs 706g, front 665g. Hubs in great condition, bearings fine. Rims are nearly perfect, front is slightly out but could be perfect with a little tweak (I can't really do it and didn't want to make it worse). Rear has slight high spot in one place but only a mm or two so it doesn't affect the use of it. You could put a screw on block on it, or singlespeed freewheel, you choose!
£80 posted ONO??

Next, some original Middleburn Rhino cranks, 170mm, with a standard (not compact) sized spider on (commonly used for 28/38/48 setups) PLUS 36t SR chainring (barely used) and ZERO titanium self extracting crank bolts. Cranks are in amazing condition, pedal threads perfect as are the square tapers. See pics for more detail! Full setup weighs 481g including the ring and crank bolts.
£50 posted ONO

Ringle Ti Quick Releases (I think thats the correct name) quick release skewers, in great condition apart from some scuffing to rear release lever and one slightly perished rubber grip part (although it works fine). Ultra light 83g the pair!
£20 posted

I will take offers for the whole lot, which would be the basis for a very light retro bike.

Please note I'm not selling anything its robdob444 - I just posted the pics :LOL: :LOL: :roll: :LOL:

frameandforks.jpg

wheels.jpg

cranks.jpg

skewers.jpg

http://s410.photobucket.com/albums/pp187/rcatkin/retro sale

;)

Thanks for posting the pictures up. You know what, I thought they were Ringle but I put XLite, I have no idea why! Def titanium ones though. It is such a long time since they were bought!

Frame and forks and wheels still available for the moment although there is interest in them but no confirmation yet, so still open to offers. :)

Back