Fs: 70's roadbike and parts with pics!

taka

Dirt Disciple
hi there,

my very first roadbike
ive been using it to get fit again but now the snows here ive been getting back out onto the trails its labelled up as a dawes galxy but have been told otherwise it has been resprayed fire red and a good job of it too i was told this on another forum
tom84 - Member
oof the road bike is lovely! i think it might be a pre buy out/sell out holdsworth because they had the same trade mark conjoined seat stays looped over the seat tube. very nice if it is.

58cm renolds 531 steel frame and forks no panier or mudguard mounts 54cm tt
ebw cranks 2 speed
shimano crane rear mech
duraace shifters
duraace front mech
5 speed rear 27" 1/4 rear wheel bearings have had it but still works
front qr wheel 1 snapped spoke but ok
weinemann brake levers and brakes f& r with new pads
racey saddle and new 27.0mm silver seatpost
drop bars some french make and quill stem
1" threaded headset

the bike comes with spares:
shimano exage sport cranks
exage sport brakes
exage sport shifters
exage sport pedals
and new bbb red bar tape

IMG469.jpg

IMG466.jpg

IMG464.jpg

IMG468.jpg

IMG467.jpg

the silver spd pedals in pic are not included in the sale

all in the bike could do with some new wheels ive been told 700c will fit because there is alot of brake adjustment?

i dont know how much its worth ill put a price of £180 to keep the mods happy offers are welcome however silly they are...

cheers tom
takamush@live.co.uk

cheers i didnt relise they were other parts teach me to look more next time :?

tom

No worries. I would say that the bike that you have there is not a Dawes. It has Nervex lugs and wrap around stays. So could be something reasonably nice under that paint.

I'd be tempted to get the nitromors out and strip a small area of paint to see if the original paint is still under there. Is there any sign of any decals under the existing paint? Can you see a headbadge on the front most tube? Is there a serial number anywhere? probably under the bottom bracket but could be on the rear dropouts maybe? Would help to determine what it is.

My guess and it is a random guess is that its maybe it a Holdsworthy :?

Best of luck with the sale anyway.
Dave.

Back