Frame w/22" TT and 1 1/8" headtube, non-suspension

myke

Dirt Disciple
Looking for a frame, like the title says something with a 22" top tube and an 1 1/8" headtube, non-suspension corrected for a rigid fork.

Frame and rigid fork would be ideal, but just a frame would work too. Prefer steel and it has to have fender/rack eyelets and a canti-brake hanger.

I thought I had a solid Trek 950 of the old lugged type but it's looking like a lost battle right now.

Willing to spend upwards of $250 for something decent. I'm located in the US so hopefully someone stateside can help? Thanks for looking!

Prefer steel, mostly because I'm more likely to get all the fender and rack mounts I need.

Actually riding an aluminum rigid frame/fork at the moment, but it has all the mounting holes for the most part. Had to add a riv-nut for the fender but that's it.

Anyhoo it's got a knackered BB shell and I'm looking for a replacement for commuter duty, so steel would be the best choice really.

Got something to offer gm?

I've got something that might work for you, it just doesn't have the 1 1/8" headtube. Otherwise, it's steel, non-suspension corrected, canti hanger, and with rigid fork.

A mid to late 80's Fat Chance in blue with yellow graphics. Let me know if you are interested, and I'll get you more details and pics. I'm in NY, and shipping affordably is something I do all the time :)

Thanks for the offer. I only have the one dirt drop stem in 1 1/8" though. The search continues...

No response to PMs after the offer, just teasing me eh?

Well bump for good measure.

I will add that I'll ride any old rusty thing at this point, as long at it's dent free and hasn't been pulled out of a bog recently.

Back