Frame painting in Cheshire/South Manchester

dspaul helped me get my Marin (funnily enough) and my friend's Giant done at Greenspeed and they were cheap and extremely good. Prior to that I used a sandblasters in Levenshulme and SprayQuick in Bredbury, good but pricier overall and not quite as nice as Greenspeed... so much so that Paul & I are off back there this week with our soon-to-be-black bits :cool:

Does anyone know if Greenspeed are still going? I was googling for frame resprays in the north west and came up with this thread - they sound ideal, but don't seem to have a web presence.

Re:

They aren't unfortunately. The owner Paul Green sold up a few years ago now.

I'm currently working on finding a new metal stripper in the Macclesfield area.

I've found a powder coating company in Stockport though... http://www.stockportpowdercoating.com/

Only had one frame done there but they did a pretty good job. I had to strip it beforehand myself though.

There's always Brian Rourke's in Stoke, had a couple of frames painted by them over the years always a good job

That's incredible. Most places seem to charge three figures. How do they do it?

(or is there something subtle I'm missing? I'm fairly new to all this)

Re:

I just got quoted £60 by Stockport Powder Coating for a sandblast & powder coat of a frame & forks. Seems a bit pricey for an industrial powder coater.

Did the £30 include a sandblast, or is that what you meant by stripping?

Back