Frame painting in Cheshire/South Manchester

jonah

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Has anyone had a frame painted in the Cheshire/South Manchester area? Where did you have it done? What did it cost?

I have a Marin frame and forks that I'd like painting but there is a fair spattering of surface rust. Is this likely to be an issue?

Sorry for all the questions :oops:

Cheers

jonah":3ro9emol said:
I have a Marin frame and forks that I'd like painting but there is a fair spattering of surface rust. Is this likely to be an issue?

Not my neck of the woods but surface rust wont be an issue. If you are getting it resprayed/powdercoated then they usually treat the frame before anyway, sandblasting or shot blasting etc.

I am quite local to Manchester but actually sent my frame to Windridge coatings for powder :)

Dad had his old orange painted by Dave Hinde who is local to you. Really nice job, fade, decals under the laquer etc. It has got a little brittle with age (it was done around 18 years ago) but I believe most of the 'after market' paint finishes are ...

I will post some pics when photbucket will let me in again :)

WD :)

bedlam in walkden will blast the frame for you, they have everything to do job , ie walnut shell blasting and bicarb of soda blasting plus they also do powdercoating and are very reasnable

Sidewinder":qgqr3fl8 said:
ask drystonepaul he has a good powdercoater

Cheers Dave :LOL:
'Greenspeed' are the guys I use, but they have recently relocated from a five minute walk away, to a twenty minute drive away. Which is a bit of a shame I suppose...
They were in Macclesfield, now in Chapel-en-le-Frith.
I can however thoroughly recommend them for a good job at a very reasonable price. Normally about £30 for a frame and forks in the same colour.

I'll have to find out their new phone number and whereabouts they are exactly as I've got a few bits lined up to get a good coating.

Many thanks for the replies, very useful info and contacts there :cool:

Am keen on "Greenspeed" - can only find their old details at the moment. If you come across their new contact details could you send them to me please Paul?

Thanks all :D

Back