Found (one of) my grails. 1985 Stumpjumper Team

Sorry I didn't see your post. Did you see the fake Team on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301873896615

The tell on the team frames is the lack of bottle holders on the seat tube and no rack mounts on the seat stays. The eBay guy calls them added options. Yea right! Strange how those are standard on the stumpy. LOL. man the 2 tone he did looks like a pretty good rattle can paint job.

The other tell that mine is a repaint is that there is clear coat over the decals. I don't think any 80's Stumpjumpers had that high quality paint job.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

These 80's mountain bikes are basically road bikes with off road capabilities. They are perfect for a toad like me who rides paved trails. You can ride a larger size comfortably. With that in mind the 85 Team is even more suited for paved trails. It's quick and feels light and responsive. Climbs great. I read that it was one of the first if not the first to be ridden up a previously unrideable race course hill. I have a hand built fillet brazed Ritchey and the Team is very similar.

Re:

Yeah I saw that on ebay. Clearly not a real Team model.

As far as the black one goes, I'm positive yours and mine are original paint. Maybe it was a factory option option 86 and there just weren't many sold that way.

I have a hard time uploading pics here, shoot me an email at bvw0914@gmail.com

Latest posts

Back