Found a Colnago at the junkyard, is it worth anything?

Needs a lot more spending on it to make it properly roadworthy than you have already spent (chainrings look worn so cassette and chain probably dead) - but great find.

It's a commonly held belief in Denmark that norwegians have too much money. This serves to support that belief!

I had assumed this had all happened in America, probably
because of the use of 'junkyard' in the title, and the price in $$$.

For some reason, knowing it happened to someone in Norway makes
me feel better about the whole scenario.

Good luck with the bike, srjman, whatever you decide to do with it.

And here I was all happy at being given, a long time needed, right hand xt shifter last weekend :D
Like mtb's realy, but even I can appreciate that roadie!

Steal ?

I think I'd be concerned about who really owned this bike. You know what they say " If it's too good to be true, it probably is..". Might be legit.... :?:

D▲NDY":3jp63tsy said:
1duck":3jp63tsy said:
must be worthless, but i'd hate to see you lose money...i'll give you £40 for it, you can then go and buy a better bike

Just kidding that's an amazing find...why is it that there is never anything like that anywhere near me?!

We are from Yorkshire mate!

We'd never waste a half dead wheel, never mind a frame :D

we're not tight, we're just careful...

(That said i've found the yorkshire retrobikers a lovely generous lot.)

....I just can not believe this :shock:

Are the Fjords and the Hurtigruten route anywhere near this tip?

Johnsqual: thanks. the price in $ was just because thats what i am used to on foreign sites. when i was looking for a good bikeforum, i didnt pay attention to that it was uk.
will not post the price again in pounds since some of you hate me already because of the price :p
proudpops: yeah.. an educated guess would be that somone dumped this bike and got the insurancemoney.
Woz: yeah it does, the dock is about 6 km from it :D

Back