Forks for a mid 2000's TIME VXS Frame

Daipink

Old School Hero
Help please, I rather impulsively bought a TIME VXS frame without forks only to later realise that it requires a specific TIME fork that's not available as a separate item. The Quickset headset was included with the frame & but the frame was described as requiring a "threaded" fork which I thought was an error in the advert. It appears that TIME produced a fork with a thread bonded to the steerer which a threaded top-cap screws on to rather than have central bolt/expanding bung type arrangement.

I now discover I can't simply fit a threadless fork as the headtube on the frame won't accept a standard modern integrated headset so I'm stuck with a frame I can't fit a fork to.

Anyone got any suggestions on getting hold of the right fork or experience of adapting the frame to take a standard threadless fork or any other way of getting it up & running? Or anyone got the right fork & a broken frame? If not I'll just have to hang it on the garage wall as a piece of "bike art" as it's certainly pretty or stick it on EBay.

Latest posts

Back