For Sale - Upgraded Marin Bear Valley

Mr. Brown

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone,

Firstly I apolgise, this is my first post as I am new to the site and of all things it is to advertise a sell!

Anyway, in order to fund a new bike build, I am looking to sell my recently upgraded Marin Bear Valley.

The bike was originally built up with the intention of riding XC and general commuting. However, since being rebuilt the bike has been used on a light ride just once and is in fantastic condition overall.

I will be sad to part with the bike but my collection of mountain bikes is growing somewhat and I as such one of them has to go.

As mentioned the bike was re-built & upgraded with a host of more modern parts, however, I have tried to retain the essence of the original bike.

The following details the build specification:

Saddle:
Selle Royal Freccia

Seat Post:
Original Marin (approx 27mm diameter)

Seat Post Clamp:
Original Marin Q/R (M6 Thread)

Frame:
metallic grey 17.5" Marin Bear Valley (I think 1995 / 6) manufactured from Tange triple butted Chromo tubing and manufactured in the USA. Frame has the afterburner rear triangle design and two sets of bottle cage bosses.

Rear Brake:
Original Shimano Dia Compe 7 V brake assembly with brand new Clarkes Aqua Guide pads (I will also include a second new and unused pair with the sell)

Headset:
Brand new Onza Mongo 3 finished in anodised red. Headset has sealed bearings and fits a standard 1 1/8" threadless design.

Headset Spacers:
Brand new Carbon fibre rings produced by carbon cycle components.

Handlebar Grips:
Brand new Race face good & evil grips finished in black and red.

Handlebars:
Truative XR riser bars. Bars are 690mm wide and are finished in black. They are low rise (designed for XC / AM) and measure 31.6mm diameter in the clamp area.

Handlebar Stem:
Truative XR unit finished in black. Unit measures 90mm long with approx 5 degree rise.

Front Forks:
Brand new Carbon cycle component "exotic" rigid carbon fibre forks (natural carbon finish with black crown) with mounting for disc brake only.

Front Brake:
Shimano hydraulic disc brake assembly (M486 model) complete with 160mm diameter rotor and anodised red caliper mount. I will also include a brand new spare set of brake pads with the sell.

Wheel Skewers:
Brand new a2Z chromoly skewers front and rear. finshed in metallic red.

Wheels:
Mavic crossride complete with mavic hubs. Front wheel has disc rotor bolts finsihed in metallic red and the rear wheel is fitted with a 9 speed hub and has teh necessary spaces to enable the use of a 1 x 7 drivetrain.

Tyres:
Maxxis high roller XC tyres front and rear. Both tyres are in excellent condition with lots of tread left and measure 2.1" wide.

Bottom Bracket:
Brand new Shimano Hollowtec external bottom bracket.

Cranks:
Shimano LX Hollowtech cranks

Pedals:
Brand new Wellago V8 copies finished in gloss red

Front Chain Ring:
Brand new single 32 tooth reversable chain ring by Surly (polished finish). Ring is affixed to crank arms with brand new anodised red retaining bolts.

Frame Protection:
Brand new Red and black lizard skin with velco fastening. fitted to chainstay.

Cassette:
Brand new Shimano HG30 7 speed cassette. as previously mentioned, cassette is supplied with the required spacers to allow fitment onto a 9 speed hub.

Chain:
Brand new Shimano HG40 chain specifically design fro 7 speed applications.

Rear derailleur:
Original Shimano unit

Gear Shifter:
Original 7 speed Shimano unit supplied with bike.

In addition to the above spec I am also pleased to include a picture of the built up bike (note that front derailleur is left on purely as a chain guiding aid), however, if there is anything not shown which you would like to see then let me know and I will take a few more pics.

I also have a host of the original Marin items should you wish to revert the bike to the specification including the following items:

Chromo rockstar forks (great condtion)
Marin lite handlebars (scratched)
Diatech headset (good condition)
Front V brake assembly
Original wheels, hubs and cassette (good straight condition although could do with a clean)
Most of the original drive train (cransk etc) although this does show signs of use and ring wear etc.

The above could also be supplied as well with the sell of the main bike and I am pleased to show additional pricing for this in the below.

The sell price is £540 for the complete bike although I will consider sensible offers.

With regards to the existing gear such as the rockstar forks etc. if purchased with the main bike I would like an additional £50 for the lot.

I hope you will agree that this is great looking bike with a nice build spec which will perform well on a vast majority of trails.

Thanks for taking the time to read the above and have a look at my bike, if you have any questions or require any further information then just let me know.

Cheers,

Leigh.

Attachments

• Bike Build.gif
    Bike Build.gif
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,449
Hi, I'm trying to think of a nice way to phrase this.

It's clear you have paid a lot of attention to detail that has been shown by your listing and that does you credit.

I wonder given the price you mention is verging on the titanium/unusal but spectacular/unique, wether you had done any price research on a marin bear valley either through what is my bike worth

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... start=3315

or by looking at the marin completed sales in here and ebay?

I suspect dare I say you maybe between £300-£400 overpriced but also accept that is my personal opinion only

anyway, try the how much thread and investigating the price to see the difference bu I wish you well with your sale it's a nice bike

bike_build_876.gif

You're welcome ;)

Rockstar Forks

Hi There,

Thanks for your post, the forks, front brake, handlebar / stem, wheelset have been posted on ebay and I have decided to let the auction run to completion.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back