For Sale For sale Marzocchi Bomber Superfly Z2 Forks 1998 MTB Retro

colmtd

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

I know its my first post, but I spend hours reading on here!

This fork is from a cheap bike I bought for parts. I am a heavy rider so prefer rigid forks. My current shock pump does not seam to thread onto the fork, so I have not tried to see if it still holds air. But it is squeegee and has some oil in it. I can bring it to a bike shop in London if you are serious about the purchase.
It will need new seals as they are perishing.

I do not know what price it should be, it seems to be rare so not many for sale. So either it was a rubbish fork and no one bought it or it seems the lack of disc brake mounts meant it was superseded very quickly.

I am open to discuss price on it, but I am expecting at least £100 but happy to discuss.

Attachments

• 20240705_184056.jpg
    20240705_184056.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 20240705_184314.jpg
    20240705_184314.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 76
Go very steady with them. The valves have a tendency to snap off.

They also don’t take much psi at all. Don’t go crazy with the pressure like modern stuff

Don’t push/pull on the valves too hard. Replacements are available but are almost as much as a full fork.

I think around 30psi would do it

@Dr-Zocchi edit that to 1999 model and I won't tell anyone.

20-55PSI

I run mine 35-40 PSI, average bellied retrobike. I run mine slightly firm, as I'm an early 90s old school suspension feel.

It's just a standard car valve.

Nice forks I have one working set and another for spares.

(2000 was rebranded X-Fly and they put the valves round the back)

I just pumped them up to 40PSI, so will come back tomorrow to see if they still hold the air.

Is it possible to change the rebound on these?

Back