FOR SALE: 1997 GT LTS DH Frame-Small…OFFERS

backinthedaydh

Old School Hero
As part of my bike/frame clear out this 1997 GT LTS DH frame is offered for sale.

It is a small, but for reference measures 15" from centre of bottom bracket to top of top tube and 19.5" from centre of bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube.

It is in original condition, benefiting from new decals. The pivots are all tight and free from movement and wear, however there is slight play from wear to the trunnion chips. Replacement items are available from BETD. The frame offers 5.5" travel or with the chips flipped over 3.5".

I raced one of these in my first season of racing in 1998 and it did me proud, in fact I only sold it to buy a Sintessi Bazooka. I bought this very frame circa 2003/4 and before I had chance to build it up properly my actual old LTS DH sprung up on eBay a little worse for wear and I bought it back. Hence this is not required despite me holding on to it for nearly a decade.

As the bike has not been ridden (or built) in the past 10 years plus, the function of the shock is unknown and would benefit from a rebuild.

The frame has a few light dings to the down tube near the bottom bracket, which is not uncommon and some scratching which I presume is from bike pedals when all stacked in together? There are also a few scratches from a Crud Catcher to the down tube . You are reassured it has no cracks or any other damage at all.

£165 for a popular pioneer of DH bikes and frames…

Please PM to enquire.

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_2620.jpg
    IMG_2620.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_2619.jpg
    IMG_2619.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_2618.jpg
    IMG_2618.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_2617.jpg
    IMG_2617.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,550
Re: FOR SALE: 1997 GT LTS DH Frame - Small

Any interest before it is offered outside the retrobike forum? Even an offer?

I can package and post...

If you are interested in this then you might be interested in my 1998 GT STS-Lobo DH in the 98onwards section too...

Re: FOR SALE: 1997 GT LTS DH Frame - Small

Great looking frame. I would be happy to hang it on display for a bit until I got to build it up,but money is tied up in this house move till next month.

Feel free to pm me if anything could be aranged.

Niall

p.s your lobo is awsome! :)

I had one of these in the Medway area of Kent, it went to a mate in the same area around 2001 and was then stolen, just wondered when and where you got hold of it?

Not accusing you of course just be interested to find out if it was likely one and the same.

Back