I test rode one about 15 years ago, liked it, ordered one and then stupidly got seduced by a Dahon Speed Pro TT - the worst engineered / built / potentially dangerous bike I've ever owned (I got in touch with David Hon to tell him too!). Sent the Dahon back but then couldn't order a Brompton as it was cycle scheme. Ended up with some Dawes Kingpins and haven't looked back (although a Brompton is definitely better for travelling on public transport).

Bromptons are a bit ubiquitous but once they’re either worn in to or been customised by their owners they become more interesting, to me.

Retail on them is a bit mad but I got my first one, am old short wheelbase one, pretty cheap on eBay and my second came for free because it had been totally stripped and bits cut off the frame etc. luckily I’m in the position I could fix it all.

My wife uses the swb now and I haven’t used my one in a while since pumping my Twenty and I’ve also got this scratching the small wheel itch now too,

Do we like Brompton's, my instinct is to abhor them but I don't know why..... could be the price and a touch of snobbery about them?
You missed the boat. I had a whole game of spot the twat on a Brompton on Monday. Had points and everything. You'll have to look back a few hundred pages in the Inn for the rules.

Back