Mezzo from un folded. Folded. Lift bars. Disengage front wheel from clip. Pull away from frame. Roll wheel into fork ends, dont forget quick release! Lift seat post do up q/r, lift and rotate back end until catch engages. Turn bars and un fold pedals. Thick stay forms part of the stand when folded. Hope this is ok.
Made it a lot clearer. I have never seen anything like that front wheel fold, there is a fork in a fork, effectively? Clever design

Yes one bears load one is just for the fold. Jon Whyte was a clever chap. Designed F1 cars and Whyte full sus mtb's.
I got mine from the local Marin dealer. I think Whyte had a hand in the design of the Mount Vision range before he went it alone.
Compared to a Brompton the Mezzo is a larger ‘fold’ but rides much more normally (for a folder) because the frame is solid and non folding.
This whole thread has inspired me to use mine more next year - I was thinking of getting rid.

I got mine from the local Marin dealer. I think Whyte had a hand in the design of the Mount Vision range before he went it alone.
Compared to a Brompton the Mezzo is a larger ‘fold’ but rides much more normally (for a folder) because the frame is solid and non folding.
This whole thread has inspired me to use mine more next year - I was thinking of getting rid.
The Brompton is clever. Folds small. I personally think it rides like a rowing machine. 6 speed dual drive, is that the best they can do? I think Kinetic to do a Alfine rear end conversion which is £££ on top of an already expensive bike. The Mezzo isn't perfect, but imo rides far better and I have shock horror 9 speeds with a standard cassette. Nothing beats a Brompton for fold though. You pays your money :)

The Brompton is clever. Folds small. I personally think it rides like a rowing machine. 6 speed dual drive, is that the best they can do? I think Kinetic to do a Alfine rear end conversion which is £££ on top of an already expensive bike. The Mezzo isn't perfect, but imo rides far better and I have shock horror 9 speeds with a standard cassette. Nothing beats a Brompton for fold though. You pays your money :)
I always thought I would buy a Brompton if I had to commute by train, they are just so practical. I like that the carrier has little wheels, so when the rear wheel is folded, you can still push it along on the platform.

I always thought I would buy a Brompton if I had to commute by train, they are just so practical. I like that the carrier has little wheels, so when the rear wheel is folded, you can still push it along on the platform.
There is an upgrade with bigger wheels for easier rolling. I think Brompton are missing out on the upgrade trick. The Mezzo has wheels too.

They do make some upscale models, I think? A titanium and I saw some with a fillet brazed clearcoat frame. Very neat fillet brazing apparently
Yes they do, but still with the crappy gearing options and own brand (cheap) parts, this may have changed by now though. The brazing is lovely on the ones I've seen raw.

Last edited:
Back