I tried a Decathlon six speed folder recently. Fine for 1.5 miles to the station but at 6 foot and with seatpost at it's minimum insertion/max extension it was still too small for me to do anything longer on it. It is now been given to my mates vertically challenged wife to use 😁
I would be tempted to try another with a better sizing for my height but I suspect it would be way too expensive to really tempt me.
Anyone know a folder that would suit me?

I tried a Decathlon six speed folder recently. Fine for 1.5 miles to the station but at 6 foot and with seatpost at it's minimum insertion/max extension it was still too small for me to do anything longer on it. It is now been given to my mates vertically challenged wife to use 😁
I would be tempted to try another with a better sizing for my height but I suspect it would be way too expensive to really tempt me.
I am over 6 foot, and I have been on a couple of Dahons. They were big enough and good for at least 10 miles

I'm 1.8m and the Mezzo is fine for me, you're welcome to try it where you based?
Thanks for the offer, I am happy to take your word for it as I find trying out other people's nice stuff is usually followed by an urge to spend money I shouldn't 😁
In reality the decathlon bike would work well for me if I could find a longer seat post that fits. I won't look now though as it found a willing rider to use it as is.

A Brompton will. You can spec with a longer seat post, and they have an upgrade option with an extender seatpost. I am a smidge under 6 foot, but have a long inside leg and like to cycle with on the ball of my foot and fully extended (and the longer seat post works just fine - at full extension).

stowaway1.jpg

Back