Dutch creation, Synergy Crossfold

crossfold.jpg

Vintage Belgium military folding bike:
- saddle clamp looks a bit wrong and appears the rear stays swing further forward
- interesting screw operated rear brake to shave off a bit of speed

file.php

file.php

Vintage Belgium military folding bike:
- saddle clamp looks a bit wrong and appears the rear stays swing further forward
- interesting screw operated rear brake to shave off a bit of speed

file.php

file.php
We saw these before on the thread, apparently a creation by a French captain of infantery originally, Henri Gérard from 1894. Also made by Peugeot and tested but rejected by the Dutch army. I never noticed that clamp at the rear stays, maybe for size? The screw on rear brake for a little security on long descents?

Last edited:
Reactions: Woz
We saw these before on the thread, apparently a creation by a French captain of infantery originally, Henri Gérard from 1894. Also made by Peugeot and tested but rejected by the Dutch army. I never noticed that clamp at the rear stays, maybe for size? The screw on rear brake for a little security on long descents?

Being French they are superior in reverse, I'm going...

Apparently they made a stainless version - I'd love a stainless folder project, but I don't really like the design of these:

Stainless Di Blasi.png

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Apparently they made a stainless version - I'd love a stainless folder project, but I don't really like the design of these:

View attachment 731737
It is an interesting fold, but it doesn't seem possible to get the saddle much higher. It doesn't look like a folder that will do longer distances well, but I might be wrong. Ideal would be if you could test it. No rust anyway..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It is an interesting fold, but it doesn't seem possible to get the saddle much higher. It doesn't look like a folder that will do longer distances well, but I might be wrong. Ideal would be if you could test it. No rust anyway..
Yep, I'd never be able to get the saddle high enough for me. I still need to find a longer seatpost for my R20 as the saddle on mine is still a little too low.

Road.cc have tested a Giant mini velo in 2015. Their comments on the use of these in Japan: "The Mini 0 was designed with the Japanese market in mind. Space is at a premium in cities like Tokyo, so storage is an issue for a lot of cyclists. No surprise that folding bikes are big over there, but so are performance small wheelers like the Moulton. Where Giant looked to score with the Mini 0 was in providing a light, fast and comfortable bike for the style conscious rider that is also easy to stow. It worked. The Mini 0 is a small bike that is big in Japan."

Giant-Escape-Mini-Zero-34.jpg

Back