I think the Moulton bicycle is one of the most interesting and outlandish bicycle designs. The TSR is the most affordable. I would have bought one a long time ago. But I am too big.. They are separable, but you need a bag really. Just separating it and laying it on the floor on the train seems silly.

Optimized-Moulton-separated-1-uai-1500x1000-2.jpg

15894827978_127c021604_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, I thought that those struts were just some suspension mechanism.

I didn’t know it folds but that’s one of my dream bikes. If im right they only made 21?

Or is that something else?

I didn’t know it folds but that’s one of my dream bikes. If im right they only made 21?

These are freely available. Between head tube and seat tube is a space frame for lightness and stiffness. Not sure about the 21, but they have made limited editions.

Not to overlook the Rudge Montague , possibly one of the first folders with full size wheels
This one is shown in the basic folded position , removing the front wheel and seat post are
further options . There is some interest presently in stripping these down and rebuilding in
single speed form with improved components , which is where this example has gone

Attachments

• P1040633.JPG
    P1040633.JPG
    501.7 KB · Views: 14

They are full suspension. Look under the fork crown and the lump on the back of the seat tube above the horizontal tubes. You can see the donut. Used by Alec Issigonis on the Mini. Edit designed by Alex Moulton

Last edited:
Not to overlook the Rudge Montague , possibly one of the first folders with full size wheels
This one is shown in the basic folded position , removing the front wheel and seat post are
further options . There is some interest presently in stripping these down and rebuilding in
single speed form with improved components , which is where this example has gone
A great example. There have actually been a few on RB. Like this one from LGF:

Back