Flanders road bike - any info appreciated!!

Kinetic-UK

Retro Guru
My friend has found a Flanders road bike at his workplace and this is what he asked me to say on his behalf:

"I'm after some opinions and advice from people who know more about modern road bikes

some may know i volunteer at a place that basically fixes up old or unwanted bikes for sale to rescue the bikes and get people on bikes for less money, most sell for less than 100 but we have about 8 hanging up from the roof out the way that are worth quite a lot that will probably go on Ebay eventually, one of them is this Flanders below, (i never herd of Flanders and i can't find any info on it) i worked on it a bit so i could ride it, i rode it half a mile down the road and it feels good, i don't need to change much at all

anyway! because i'm a volunteer and i have a friendly boss i could get the bike pretty cheap, less than 200 pounds sort of cheap, maybe even 100 if i get a lot of bikes done for sale

i get paid on the 4th so i could afford it, shal i go for it? my only real worry is if i need to replace anything its going to cost a lot"

So does anyone have any info on this bike?

p4pb7337390.jpg

p4pb7337399.jpg

p4pb7337392.jpg

p4pb7337395.jpg

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks. :) :)

The Flanders you have has nothing to do with Belgium, but is simply a Far-East 7005-series aluminium alloy frame with stickers I'm afraid so therefore has no intrinsic value apart from being a 10 year old bike. £100 is a fair price.
There is also a company selling the Flandria brand these days which purports to have a rich heritage from Belgium when in fact the company is based in Lancashire and the bikes come direct from China - the only Flemish thing about them is the Leeuw stickers!

:) Thank you Monty Dog, I will tell him that! A shame Flanders themselves wouldn't reply to my email... :x

monty dog":3cpsh15w said:
The Flanders you have has nothing to do with Belgium, but is simply a Far-East 7005-series aluminium alloy frame with stickers I'm afraid so therefore has no intrinsic value apart from being a 10 year old bike. £100 is a fair price.
There is also a company selling the Flandria brand these days which purports to have a rich heritage from Belgium when in fact the company is based in Lancashire and the bikes come direct from China - the only Flemish thing about them is the Leeuw stickers!

Some supermarkets in North East FRANCE & the french part of BELGIUM stocked FLANDERS bikes in the early 90`s

Kinetic-UK":yq7l6m7s said:
A shame Flanders themselves wouldn't reply to my email... :x

<Homer Simpson>

Stupid Flanders....

</Homer Simpson>

Sorry. I was unable to resist that one. :oops:

David

Of course, there may be confusion between Flanders and Flandria. Modern Flandria bikes eminate from China via Lancashire and nowhere near Vlaanderen either.

head set sticker

hi Kinetic-UK did your friend buy the flanders bike, if he did is it possiable to take a photo of the headset sticker as mine doesn't have one and need a photo to have one made up.
cheers dave

Back