First DOGS BOLX produced...ex Dave Hemming?

Re: Re:

BlackCat":3acjcxzq said:
Certainly did.

I took a quick look out of interest with 30 mins to go.. zero bids! Guess someone - two people by the looks of it we’re keeping powder dry until the last min.

Should be interesting seeing what the yellow one trades at, now. Pity it’s not a full bike or we could’ve easily worked out the Mint / Hemming premium..

Clearly someone with taste, ;)

Mine is the tatty black and white one with the tatty chrome RC30 forks - all ripe for a re-paint is the owners choice of colour.

sinnerman":176385i4 said:
mheywoo1":176385i4 said:
I think the price is OK if you add up the cost of all the parts, with the added bonus of its history and unique graphics.

I’d probably consider buying it at that price if I wasn’t one of the people currently trying to sell a DB On eBay right now :)

For all those who say “it hasn’t sold yet so it must be over-priced”, well, think of how big the target audience is. It’s not big. Maybe they are on holiday right now so they haven’t see the listing. Classic cars, art, watches are often on sale for months before they sell. It’s just a case of waiting for the buyer to come along. I often hear nothing for months and then, bam, all of a sudden four people want to buy it at the same time.

I can only see a tatty black one, which one is yours...?

mheywoo1":ngli8b6f said:
Mine is the tatty black and white one with the tatty chrome RC30 forks - all ripe for a re-paint is the owners choice of colour.

sinnerman":ngli8b6f said:
mheywoo1":ngli8b6f said:
I think the price is OK if you add up the cost of all the parts, with the added bonus of its history and unique graphics.

I’d probably consider buying it at that price if I wasn’t one of the people currently trying to sell a DB On eBay right now :)

For all those who say “it hasn’t sold yet so it must be over-priced”, well, think of how big the target audience is. It’s not big. Maybe they are on holiday right now so they haven’t see the listing. Classic cars, art, watches are often on sale for months before they sell. It’s just a case of waiting for the buyer to come along. I often hear nothing for months and then, bam, all of a sudden four people want to buy it at the same time.

I can only see a tatty black one, which one is yours...?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203027073636

this was the one i saw.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

doctor-bond":uri239r7 said:
Within that few hundred, How many are going to want to pay >1k to rag it round their local trails, get overtaken, and then mop it down afterwards?

So who is left? About 80 middle aged men who would love to own, fettle and occasionally ride it, and also need to keep an eye on the incomings and outgoings.

Ha - that tickled me.
I thought something like that this morning while I was out for a ride and got over taken by someone on something more current whilst riding as fast as I could. I've had my Roberts (I call it a Phantom for simplicity as it's a full Max frame, but was completely custom, so doesn't look like a Phantom in person) for 30+ years and still ride it twice a week. Its appeal to me is in all the ownership history as frame aside, everything has been sourced and built myself. So to me, it's worth a lot more than anyone would likely pay for it and maybe that's the challenge with this sort of stuff - you can't price stuff based on your attachment to it and no-one is going to want it more than I want to keep it.

sinnerman":1myprh0n said:
What more can be said.....?

I keep coming back to that picture in my old MTB Pro’s, Carl. Luckily enough I just bought an issue I was missing and it had a double page spread of that very frame so at last I could work out what the funny goldish stripes were; of course it’s the brass filler, presumably masked and lacquered over. I really love this look and if I decide to keep mine (which will be decided by someone buying it or not), its probably the inspiration I will take, but In darker “Meteorite Silver” to match my car, like a certain metallic burgundy DB3 BITD.

Correct, that is mine.

And if you view the thread on this very site section from a few weeks back, you can see how transparent I am about what it owes me. Clearly I’ve applied eBay and PayPal tax as, well, why wouldn’t I? I bought it on eBay and I’m selling it on eBay. It’s usually a different story on stuff I buy on here, much of which I’ve passed onto other members at the same price I paid, or if I do put it on eBay where there is a much bigger target audience (see following paragraph), my starting price is usually what I paid and I let the market decide.

Despite what some people on here think, most people I sell to, especially overseas buyers, have no idea this website exists so to suggest that most potential buyers will be joining in, or just looking at, these threads is not accurate in my experience

I’ll certainly be watching the yellow one with interest. Personally I think the seller is missing a trick by selling it with those components. I don’t think they will add much to the final selling price, yet he could get £150 - £200 for them Alone. Like mine, the frame will Need a strip, a few dents filling and a repaint. Plus quite a lot of easy, but the cost will soon add up, rectifications to re-instate brake Canti bosses, cable hanger, relocation of cable stops and removal of the disc brake mount. As discussed in the thread about my frame where some were alarmed about how the paint looked after heat had been applied to remove the stuck seatpost, none of this work will affect the structural integrity of the frame, but for authenticity it would probably be best if done by Geoff Roberts.

jimprince":3vhoqu23 said:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mheywoo1":1chzeira said:
Correct, that is mine.

And if you view the thread on this very site section from a few weeks back, you can see how transparent I am about what it owes me. Clearly I’ve applied eBay and PayPal tax as, well, why wouldn’t I? I bought it on eBay and I’m selling it on eBay. It’s usually a different story on stuff I buy on here, much of which I’ve passed onto other members at the same price I paid, or if I do put it on eBay where there is a much bigger target audience (see following paragraph), my starting price is usually what I paid and I let the market decide.

Despite what some people on here think, most people I sell to, especially overseas buyers, have no idea this website exists so to suggest that most potential buyers will be joining in, or just looking at, these threads is not accurate in my experience

I’ll certainly be watching the yellow one with interest. Personally I think the seller is missing a trick by selling it with those components. I don’t think they will add much to the final selling price, yet he could get £150 - £200 for them Alone. Like mine, the frame will Need a strip, a few dents filling and a repaint. Plus quite a lot of easy, but the cost will soon add up, rectifications to re-instate brake Canti bosses, cable hanger, relocation of cable stops and removal of the disc brake mount. As discussed in the thread about my frame where some were alarmed about how the paint looked after heat had been applied to remove the stuck seatpost, none of this work will affect the structural integrity of the frame, but for authenticity it would probably be best if done by Geoff Roberts.

jimprince":1chzeira said:

I dont think everybody is as gentlemanly when its comes to selling as you...!

im surprised you have put it up for sale after looking for one for so long, especially given what could be achieved with refinishing it, like you say.

And i have to agree with your costing out of the work involved when compared to the yellow one for sale, as anybody who has gone down the path of having a frame refinished and re-instated properly will know, for sure.

I think you should keep it, realize the dream, and sell me your bontrager ti-lite. ;)

Back