Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re:

Didnae go tae watch, didnae want tae take the risk of having a rant at the organisers. :mrgreen:

From what I saw when I rode the race route last night it'll take way mair than a dry week for the muddy mess in there to recover. Shed and Zig's Bench Run is effed, and so is the one after it but they still included them for the race.
They also used the TT Trail and dogshite alley for the juniors (U8s,U10s and whoever else) race as it was taped off with U8 and U10 marked on parts of route. It shouldn't be a problem there at least as when we marked it out we avoided the wettest bits and there'll be way less traffic with the bairns' races.

Went up Benarty this afternoon the usual way but came down by heading towards Vane Hill end then intae wids at the end where we saw the Muky Riderz going up through fence. Much, much preferable to come down than go up like they did. Remember when we walked up/shoved the bikes from Ballingry end following wall to top? When ye were seriously pissed off with me for going that way. Well it's no as bad as that but more enjoyable and sensible to ride down.

How's about some benarty action on Sunday or pitmeden?

Best stay away from kelty until trails recover a bit and OCPs blood pressure comes back down.

Other option is the lomonds but was keeping that till clubby is back.

keithyr":vnahr7to said:
and OCPs blood pressure comes back down.

I'm perfectly calm Dude. :mrgreen:

Pitmedden is mibbees muddy as well, but it'll no be like Blairadam, right enough.

You're right aboot the Lomonds, wait for clubby. The weather for Sunday is for showers but since we rode the Lomonds in pishing rain, the tap o' Benarty shouldnae be a problem.

Re:

Probably the usual time 10.15 for a 10.30 start.
More than likely at the wee car park at Kelty or we could start from wee car park at bottom of Harran Hill Woods descent.

Re:

That was superb today lads, think that is probably the best loop of benarty, let's ye do all the good downs at the cost of a 2nd climb.

Hope yer feeling ok john, that was a stair ane, mind you glad you hit the tree rather than go off that edge :shock:

Early shout for doing lomonds next Saturday (preferably) or Sunday if you lads fancy it.

We can do either but having a few beers on sat night so Saturday would be easier but can do Sunday if yous can't.

Might have to ask OCP for a lift though!

Clubby if you are back from hols hope you can make it.

Re:

Sorry mate, working Saturday morning and have a night out, so no early start Sunday for me.

Back