Fife and Tayside rides thread

Good ride that today, I'm knackered though.

Hope all ok john after the comedy fall (pic to follow) and then the more serious seat post bolt failure.

Hope you enjoyed that clubby, cheers for coming down.

So plans for Early-mid September would be a pitmeden visit and a lomonds grand tour to show clubby round there as well.

I'm away to Aberdeen on the piss next weekend so will miss y'all lol.

Re:

Knackered disnae come close tae describing how my legs feel after riding so far without a saddle. Never want that to happen again, scary as eff thinking where the end of that seat post could have gone. :shock: All fixed now, saddle re-attached, robbed a bolt from a seat-post I'll never use.

And I feckin' hate brambles, bastard stuff is worse than barbed wire, it wiz dug intae every bit of me and I couldn't move. Thanks for helping me up Keith, nae thanks tae Steven for taking the time tae get a photie. :roll:

Hope ye come down again Steven but Vane Farm isnae the best starting point so we'll start at our usual place next time. :mrgreen:

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":fcvyww5f said:
And I feckin' hate brambles, bastard stuff is worse than barbed wire, it wiz dug intae every bit of me and I couldn't move. Thanks for helping me up Keith, nae thanks tae Steven for taking the time tae get a photie. :roll:

But how else could the rest of the forum enjoy the moment if I hadn't?

Bramble patch kid by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

In my defence, I had checked your bike was ok before getting my camera out :LOL:

Also been thinking of new meanings for OCP, here's a few but feel free to add more.

OverTheBars Crash Plummet
Onebig Crotch Prong
OutOF (s)Caddle Pedaler

Despite the unexpected, was a fine ride today. Much tougher than the Strava data suggests. Vane Farm climb was brutal but at least over fairly quickly and an easy way to gain height. View from the top was stunning, a particular surprise considering it looks over Fife. Need to go back to explore the Benarty DH trails you two are so scared of. Still don't think the can be any worse than the steep steppy bit. One wrong move on that stuff and it's a big moment.

Holiday time for me now, off to Denmark and Sweden for 9 days :D

Re:

And ventriloquism. I really thought your voice was coming from round the next switchback until I nearly ran over your bike.

I know its early but you Fifers got any cycling plans for Sunday. Unexpectedly I have a Sunday off for the first time in yonks so I could stuff myself into the train over to fife for some of your fab trails.

Re:

Keith is away on the piss this weekend, no seen Rob for a while and it's the XC race in Blairadam on Sunday so was mibbees going to watch it and to find oot where they've supposedly built the trails for it.

Back