Fife and Tayside rides thread

I'm easy. Happy to play it by ear. Curious to see how well he knows the trails, God knows it took us long enough to find what we have.

Re:

I've asked him what time he will be there and he's said it would be after 2pm. Do you think we could get 2 or 3 hours at Cambusbarron then shoot over to Blairadam for 2ish to meet him? Or is that way too ambitious going by our usual antics? I've said I'll ask you guys then get back to him later.

This was an earlier reply he made to someone else when asked about race route,

"Yeah, I was speaking with Brandon last night,

Ive only really started scoping out possible routes over the last couple of weeks, Brandon noticed there are signs up from the fc stating to keep off certain trails, this has nothing to do with the sxc route, they are resurfacing the paths in between the mtb trails and are worried we come bombing out into them or there machinery,

Hopefully meet up with some of you guys on the Sunday and get the ball rolling, will be good to get you on board, Blair Adam has a lot of potential and with the FC giving us the blessing to cut in new trails and provide help and materials this can only benefit us local riders"

Re:

to ambitious mate, cambusbarron is full day to really enjoy and explore it, wouldna want to do it half arsed.

aye, think it would be good to see if he knows any other trails might be interesting to see.

just go for kelty 9.45 for 10 start, get a decent load of riding in and a couple loops of the top bit seein as its dry.

lets have a day aff trail building and just ride lol.

sound like a plan ?

aaron if you want to stretch yer legs, come to my house for 9.30 and we can cycle up, adds another 9 miles round trip all off road.

if not we can keep the legs for extra fun later in the pm ?

keithyr":9p3vjq74 said:
aaron if you want to stretch yer legs, come to my house for 9.30 and we can cycle up, adds another 9 miles round trip all off road.

if not we can keep the legs for extra fun later in the pm ?

Think it would be a good idea to keep your legs for later in afternoon when this guy turns up. :cool:
Will reply we'll meet him in bottom car park for whenever after 2pm that's he's able to get there for. He did say his boy was playing football so he couldn't get there earlier.

Better bring a picnic. :mrgreen:

Keith, I'll skip the 9 miles, that's an extra 30 minutes in my pit!

Should be good tomorrow, trails seems to have dried out nicely round here.

was up early doors today with Benji, it was running sweet.

even found some new trails off the top at the renthal run as well.

did 11miles in under 2.5hours, back shower into pub for bar lunch and pints with my dad. 8mile walk home and heading to my pit for a snooze.

cya the morra about 10am lol

So had a KOM for an hour on the TT trail, then that lad Gary beats me by 3s.

Waiting for ZZ to load up his time"..........

Back