Fat Chance Kickstarter

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":1owwmldf said:
So the non special edition production frame will be $1700ish. How does that compare to others?

$1750 CAD ($1390 USD) will get you a Team SL hand built by Chris Dekerf to your specifications.

novekili":28bxvn90 said:
It doesn't look like he hasn't got much to say.

...True Temper OX.... 142x12 axle...tapered headtube...droppr post... Hey, it's Yo Eddy!!!!

He should have added "It's a mountain bike!!!"

I think with an s-bend seat tube those short chainstays might even work, tho....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQSvAhDbEUc

I Love it...........

Ready for Action...

Re:

Modern, steel, plain and simple (just like the old Yo Eddy). I think people will not be disappointed.

Fat-Chance-Yo-Eddy-2015-hardtail-steel-mountain-bike01.jpg

Fat-Chance-Yo-Eddy-2015-hardtail-steel-mountain-bike04.jpg

Fat-Chance-Yo-Eddy-2015-hardtail-steel-mountain-bike03.jpg

(source of pics bikerumor.com)

Re:

I think it's fantastic, though personally i'd like some type of pivoting dropouts to have a single speed option.

Also (as others have pointed out) the forks look a little anemic at the crown race. If they could flare the small tubes on the segmented crown to a larger diameter where they are welded to the steerer tube the transition would be a bit smoother.

why are you guys so in love with sliding dropouts???? Do you really want a single speed? Just buy a White Industries eccentric hub, save weight and looks!

novekili":z5t8zagz said:
why are you guys so in love with sliding dropouts???? Do you really want a single speed? Just buy a White Industries eccentric hub, save weight and looks!

I ride ss 95% of the year so for me it's an important option.

Eno hubs are great, I had and loved them on my rim braked bike. Not sure how well they would work on a disk brake frame though, certainly not an ideal solution to have to readjust the caliper every other ride.

Mr.Toad: Do you have to readjust eccentric hubs after every ride? Didn't know that....Why?
In any case, riders who ride geared bikes have never been enthusiastic about slider dropouts: too heavy. I'd never buy a slider dropout equipped bike, unless it was a 26er (you can slide dropouts outwards to use 27.5 tyres). Mr. Chance had probably decided to present a first model to satisfy the majority of the customers, and I suppose they'll offer Paragon dropouts as an option as the YO reaches full production, as Dean, Moots, and all the other custom builders do.

Retroyetiguy: No it doesn't have more clearance: the red bike is the 27.5 model.

Rampage: Chris has probably declared he built the proto. However, the picture of him welding holding the frame with his hands, and with cardboard paper boxes behind leaves me a bit doubtful

Ah ok! Hopefully he changes the chainstay length though , you couldn't post a letter through the seatube and tire on the 29'er.

Back