Fat Chance Kickstarter

highlandsflyer":qk0089mg said:
I think we should give the guy a chance. Lots unnecessary negativity in this thread. How unlike Retrobike!

Its not negative.

Fickle, sceptical, objective perhaps.

Look at the differences between the kickstart listings....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bt ... ike-for-ev

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... escription

whats the missing element from the Fat Chance listing...?

I think fickle, objective and sceptical is a spot on evaluation of this thread after reading two real time kickstart programs.

Re:

I doubt Chris is going to make a killing from resurrecting the 'brand' with new products. He loves what he used to do, building awesome frames/bikes. It is his identity in the bicycle industry, his legacy and achievement in life.

He should have made a prototype frame or two. Much as we all know how great his FCC products are, new customers fascinated by the mystique and cool factor need to see what they are getting.

I'm happy with my collection of 26er HT bikes but would invest in a replacement Ti SAB 650 if it comes out, which hopefully it will. I have stumped up $250 for a nice collection of new apparel. I hope that the true Fat fans on here will do the same asap, to get this launched.

Come on guys...

Give the next generation a Chance :D

Re: Re:

M-Power":dwa8khwm said:
I doubt Chris is going to make a killing from resurrecting the 'brand' with new products. He loves what he used to do, building awesome frames/bikes. It is his identity in the bicycle industry, his legacy and achievement in life.

He should have made a prototype frame or two. Much as we all know how great his FCC products are, new customers fascinated by the mystique and cool factor need to see what they are getting.

I'm happy with my collection of 26er HT bikes but would invest in a replacement Ti SAB 650 if it comes out, which hopefully it will. I have stumped up $250 for a nice collection of new apparel. I hope that the true Fat fans on here will do the same asap, to get this launched.

Come on guys...

Give the next generation a Chance :D

Im all for this working, but It is about the Money.

If it were about building bikes for passion and love, he would have started it all over again with a small shop, putting his own money down and built on it properly, much in the same way as BTR,

This is about BIG business, and little else, cashing in on the Name. if not he would be building frames one at a time.

I don't see the equation with the likes of BTR. No reason I can think of that an icon of the trade should start from scratch again, ignoring the cache their name possesses.

He is entitled to use the name. Not sure about the new Pink Floyd album though.

Re:

Oh yeah, it's gonna be huuuge :roll: He'll be a millionaire probably by the end of the year :LOL:

He has orders for 20 odd frames ATM and most people riding mountain bikes today won't know or care about Chris Chance and the history behind him. This needs to be put in a bit of perspective. Having said that, in the future, why shouldn't he profit from his name and the history behind the brand which he created?

Anyway Carl, how are you going to build yours up :LOL:

Re:

Whats the problem? He is making bikes under his name again. If they are too expensive they wont sell.

Its not like Trek have bought the name and are wringing it out for all its worth.

Re: Re:

mr_ship":bc62xqe4 said:
Oh yeah, it's gonna be huuuge :roll: He'll be a millionaire probably by the end of the year :LOL:

He has orders for 20 odd frames ATM and most people riding mountain bikes today won't know or care about Chris Chance and the history behind him. This needs to be put in a bit of perspective. Having said that, in the future, why shouldn't he profit from his name and the history behind the brand which he created?

Anyway Carl, how are you going to build yours up :LOL:

I agree with the Pink Floyd Comment...lol.

Why shouldn't he Profit from his Name........ Exactly.

And things are going well thanks... :cool:

highlandsflyer":22kxy2er said:
I don't see the equation with the likes of BTR. No reason I can think of that an icon of the trade should start from scratch again, ignoring the cache their name possesses.

He is entitled to use the name. Not sure about the new Pink Floyd album though.

I see that the BTR Kickstarter program is a little more fleshed out, but I have put my trust in Chance. I doubt we will be let down.

Latest posts

Back