Fat Chance Kickstarter

Re: Re:

jimo746":3i7z8e30 said:
ez054098":3i7z8e30 said:
I can't wait until summer.

Me neither, so much nicer to ride in the warmer weather :D

But I'm guessing you'll be riding a new steel Fat? ;)

Yes, that is what I meant. My first steel bike since my 1986 Univega Rover Sport

Great news! Glad Chris reached his target. It even made it on the news :LOL: !

Attachments

• 10965840_605774829556402_420258016_n.jpg
    10965840_605774829556402_420258016_n.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 324
Re:

Is that because some peoples pledges bounced?

Does Kickstarter try to take the cash when the target is reached but some didn't have the money?

Or can people back out?

Seem harsh either way.

Re:

Oh I get you, people may have committed but are now re-assessing and pulling out before the money is taken from their accounts.

Makes things ‘interesting’ for Mr Chance!

It’d be ok if he was well over but as he’s just on the line it’s not great.

What happens if he fails to get the total?

Are there options?

Although you’d have thought he’d be able to pull a string or two to find another someone to pledge $1000ish?

Re:

Id like to see this Kickstart thing work, I think the concept is good for start up business.

I would be very surprised if Chance didn't proceed despite the very small shortfall.

I mean if two guys in a shed from Somerset can proceed with there frame building business with the very small following they have, when they didn't hit there target Why cant Chris Chance...? The short fall is so small its insignificant surely..?

sinnerman":2fpz3d4x said:
...I would be very surprised if Chance didn't proceed despite the very small shortfall.
From the KickStarter rules:

Payments > Date charged
Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing. That means that if a project is not at or above its funding goal at the deadline, no money changes hands and backers are not charged for their pledges. If a project you back is successfully funded, you will be charged only at the project's deadline.

So... If it ends at $115k, he gets $0.

halaburt":308bcunh said:
sinnerman":308bcunh said:
...I would be very surprised if Chance didn't proceed despite the very small shortfall.
From the KickStarter rules:

Payments > Date charged
Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing. That means that if a project is not at or above its funding goal at the deadline, no money changes hands and backers are not charged for their pledges. If a project you back is successfully funded, you will be charged only at the project's deadline.

So... If it ends at $115k, he gets $0.

I see that, but it didn't stop BTR continuing with there frame project when they didn't hit there target,.....and lots of happy customers too from what I can gather...

http://www.btr-fabrications.com/products/pinner/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bt ... ike-for-ev

But lets face it, even if the target was five grand short, you would surely pledge the money yourself to kickstart a monster plan like this.........Unless he is skint.

Back to my original point, two young kids in a shed in Somerset, set up on there own and unknown and gain respect and notoriety...... and they push through all obstacles they face, they design and manufacture themselves, with a practically unheard of name in historic terms.

The Chris Chance scenario is different in that, there is history and an iconic image........ that whats got this that far, if he cant step up to the line to cover the minimal shortfall, then I feel sorry for the poor buggers suckered this far......

it will work im sure, someone will cover it.

As cynical as this will sound.........I guess there is a fundamental difference between the two bicycle companies using this kickstart platform.

One wants to earn a living building and designing bicycles, the other wants to earn Profit from little more than trading off a Name.

I like the way these boys in Somerset have given it a go for sure......id certainly have a little more confidence giving them my money based on these examples.

"We were “two guys with a dream in a shed” working day jobs and building bikes in evenings and weekends. Since we started the feedback from our customers has been awesome and our frames have been featured in mountain bike magazines and selected as one of the best products of 2014 by the Dirt 100"

Attachments

• btr_fabrications_workshop_tam_btr.jpg
    btr_fabrications_workshop_tam_btr.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 164
  • btr_fabrications_workshop_tam_btr_2.jpg
    btr_fabrications_workshop_tam_btr_2.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 164
Back