Everyone has their Raleigh era, which one were you?

The ' Tracker' seems to have been lost in the mists of time?

In Manchester we also used to ride trackers in the late 70s early 80s.

Single speed, tiny gearing and fixed. Cow or bull horns or Renthal motorbike bars and nobblies. I do remember loads of structural failiers particulaly with the forks, Which we used to hammer straight!
I don't know how non of us were killed. Snapped forks were a very regular thing.

Al. :D

My first ever brand new bike was a lime green Raliegh Strika with pedal back brake(moto style rear wheel skids) , then I got a small Raliegh Arena for my 10th birthday that got nicked after 6 months , at 13('83) I bought my own Night Burner with paper round money(paid mum weekly).My last Raliegh was/is a M-trax 100 that has been converted to a tourer with drop bars ,slicks and bar end shifters.

I had a Budgie, a Tommahawk, a (red...v important) Grifter, and then my 1st BMX...an Ultra Burner, the 1st Gen black and gold one which I loved.

...and no that's not me on the Tommahawk :)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1387/136 ... 91.jpg?v=0

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/26951 ... 0d.jpg?v=0

584rgrifter.jpg

img1_184.jpg

MIne was a lime green strika too, with plastic fake susp. fork covers if I remember right............ahhhh happy days. Summers were warm and lasted forever, jumpers for goal posts and thinking up new and novel ways to kill my actionman!

Attachments

• strika.jpg
    strika.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,543
Ha! I gave in. And, er, Google'd.

Never saw that, so it was somewhat lost on me till I'd seen the youtube....

Raleigh Budgie (purple, handed down from my Sister)
Raleigh Striker (gleaming black, and loved it)
Raleigh Pacer (small racing bike with 5 gears and unbelievably wide tyres)
Raleigh Mustang (some sort of purple-pink colour. Was stolen, which made me happy as I could then get...).
Raleigh Mirage, which I still have in my Mum's garage. Don't know why, just don't like parting with these things!
Raleigh Dyna-Tech MT4, which I'll hopefully be using again in a few weeks when I can fix the Manitou forks.

Seeing the photo of the Striker has made me all misty-eyed.

Grifter club me. Wasn't allowed a Burner as my parents thought they were 'too small' and the Grifter was more suited to my size, apparently :?

Back