Errr where should I out this??

tintin40":3ri61l11 said:
:x Sh*t wished i'd seen that. I would have beat that price easy. Love them. Could have ridden to work on it.

me too!.....id have paid that.....they are really fun to ride, and fast too!....needs the flag though, a nice bushy hedgerow will render you invisible to oncoming cars.....

feetabix":y10uxldg said:
tintin40":y10uxldg said:
:x Sh*t wished i'd seen that. I would have beat that price easy. Love them. Could have ridden to work on it.
me too!.....id have paid that.....they are really fun to ride, and fast too!....needs the flag though, a nice bushy hedgerow will render you invisible to oncoming cars.....
I'd love one - although they do seem pricey. I'd love one of those decent trikes, too.

But as for recumbents, I'd be worried about cycling on road with them because of the whole low-down visiblitiy thing (even with a flag).

cyfa2809":pvxi0256 said:
Did you make that?

Is that a frame rear triangle?

Yes, and yes.

The wife never learnt to ride a bike as a kid, and never felt comfortable riding a normal bike, despite her best efforts. She saw the KMX trikes, and mentioned getting one, so I thought I might as well make one for her to try first - total cost about £200.

The KMX are... expensive for what you get IMO.

I'm about to start mk 2, which will be full suspension, and lighter than the cheaper KMX. There are a few self build forums around - Trikes & recumbents are more popular in Europe and the states.

:D

My_Teenage_Self":3kcnhi7l said:
The wife never learnt to ride a bike as a kid, and never felt comfortable riding a normal bike, despite her best efforts. She saw the KMX trikes, and mentioned getting one, so I thought I might as well make one for her to try first - total cost about £200.

Great piece of kit. Nice job.

My_Teenage_Self":3ruw9hdt said:
cyfa2809":3ruw9hdt said:
Did you make that?

Is that a frame rear triangle?

Yes, and yes.

The KMX are... expensive for what you get IMO.

I'm about to start mk 2, which will be full suspension, and lighter than the cheaper KMX. There are a few self build forums around - Trikes & recumbents are more popular in Europe and the states.

:D

What kind of money would you be asking for one?

highlandsflyer":40nxfstn said:
What kind of money would you be asking for one?

Sorry, not enough time in my life to make more than one.

Learn to weld or braze and make your own - it's not as hard as it sounds, and you'll appreciate it even more!

;)

He he, while I am not the world's greatest I started welding as a kid thanks to having farm machinery to fix.

There is always a price that makes someone's time worthwhile, and mine better spent elsewhere.

Just wondered if you had an idea.

Nice work.

hi guys,,,,

been involved with kmx's.. from both sales/maintenance and as an owner, both my sons owned them (one kids,,, one adults).

pain in the ass.. constant breakages... steering linkages snap... adjustable tube for leg length constantly slips (modifiable but should you have too?).. yes feel fast,, but that's because they are so close to the floor. but in reality they are not.. long distance is certainly a no no. they will tip around bends, the seats fall to bits... they rust... poor powder coating.. far from light. cheapy parts..

CARS DON'T SEE YOU!! even with the flag..

all in.. KMX's a LOT of money for a load of bits that would be better bolted to a normal bicycle frame with the end result being 'average'

all IMHO tho guys.. stay away or build your own is my advice

Back