Eroica Britannia 2016 - anyone signed up?

Montello":2qff2cq3 said:
I'm starting to wonder if this event has now lost its way.

http://eroicabritannia.co.uk/headline/a ... t-the-ride

I think that is a bit of a publicity coup to get Maserati and Miller involved. I would think theres been some Rouleur magazine involvement as well. Miller and Maserati were very key in last years Rouleur awards. That brought in the likes of Ernest Colnago, Eddy Merckx and.....Fausto Pinarello amongst others so Eroica Britannia could be lining up some major endorsements.

Anyway, I love as much Italian extravagance as I can get :)

Having been to the first three Britannia's, you can see the momentum the event has gained. The big question is where will they go after next year. They only had a 5 year agreement at Bakewell.

At previous events there have been lots of Rouleur magazines given away so I guess they have a link ... Hard to see how a sports car manufacturer fits with a cycling event.

Montello":352vcl38 said:
At previous events there have been lots of Rouleur magazines given away so I guess they have a link ... Hard to see how a sports car manufacturer fits with a cycling event.

Maserati have had some cycling involvement for many years through sponsorship and even Maserati bikes! Although not built by Maserati.

http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.c ... again.html

They were the main sponsor of the Tour de Yorkshire this year and many other cycle events. Marco Cipollini worked with them on a bike design last year so they seem to be relaunching their interest in a big way.

Robbied196":1wqpi0x7 said:
Having been to the first three Britannia's,p

3? I'm pretty sure the coming one will be the third ...

I guess we will see how their involvement works out. More budget can only help.

Re:

How many times is it possible to get the word Maserati onto one page in just a few sentences?

I know its good business to mention the sponsor's name in any blurb, but that's tekkin t'piss

First and foremost I signed up this year for the first time. To me its about the bikes, the ride and the people. All the other shenanigans is just incidental. I suppose it makes for a broadly interesting weekend for everyone, non-riders included.

Montello":3l7kqn0e said:
Robbied196":3l7kqn0e said:
Having been to the first three Britannia's,p

3? I'm pretty sure the coming one will be the third ...

I guess we will see how their involvement works out. More budget can only help.

:facepalm: You're right! I was sure the first was 2013 but just looked at some photo's and its 2014! Old age is getting a grip :) Or, the first two were so good I thought I'd done three.

Spokesmann":2ilthdr8 said:
To me its about the bikes, the ride and the people. All the other shenanigans is just incidental. I suppose it makes for a broadly interesting weekend for everyone, non-riders included.

Same for me ... I have really enjoyed the first two ... I am just hoping they have not lost their way and they remember this is a CYCLING event ...

Back