Eroica Britannia 2016 - anyone signed up?

Re: Re:

wontchuckanut":15nvllad said:
iv just signed up and it was only £45, i think the 100 miles is the one for me, anyone from west yorkshire heading down to do it message me regards steve

I'm heading down from Keighley but going via lovely Lancashire to throw everything in dad's caravan and travel with him. Should maybe have a Retrobike meet up down there?

Re:

How tight are rules? Would one get away with a bike from 1988 if all other criteria are met?

Cheers

oaep7":3lyfrqai said:
I think its an 88 only, do they have info on all bikes - would they be too bothered?

Nobody checks the bikes, as long as it meets the ethos of L'Eroica. In other words toe-clips and straps, not clipless pedals, non aero brake levers with cables over the top and separate gear levers on down-tube or bar-end shifters and you should be fine!

Come along...it's a great weekend and the ride, especially the 55 mile route is most enjoyable with amazing scenery, great food and lovely beer...brewed especially for the event! :D

mydadscondor":3tg4bz4d said:
oaep7":3tg4bz4d said:
Nobody checks the bikes, as long as it meets the ethos of L'Eroica. In other words toe-clips and straps, not clipless pedals, non aero brake levers with cables over the top and separate gear levers on down-tube or bar-end shifters and you should be fine!

Come along...it's a great weekend and the ride, especially the 55 mile route is most enjoyable with amazing scenery, great food and lovely beer...brewed especially for the event! :D

+1 to that ... there were some riders on quite modern bikes who I am not sure even realised the criteria ...

Re:

I am tempted to bring my Rossin Ghibli, its probably made in 1988 or 89, but it fulfills all the other criteria.

Re:

I am seriously tempted.
The dilema being I then don't see the kids for the weekend and I'd miss that (they live with mum)

If I leave it as late as poss, is there a likelihood I wont get a ride or space to camp?

Re: Re:

pigman":znk4a0pa said:
I am seriously tempted.
The dilema being I then don't see the kids for the weekend and I'd miss that (they live with mum)

If I leave it as late as poss, is there a likelihood I wont get a ride or space to camp?

Bring the kids ...

I suspect it will sell out ...

Back