Eroica Britannia 2016 - anyone signed up?

Re:

good luck to all you guys riding/camping @ Eroica. May the weather be good. Looking forward to a photo fest next week

Re:

i have attended both of the previous Eroica and have been a keen supporter. After my visit yesterday i was so dissapointed that i have decided not to ride today, goodbye £60!. ok it has rained but parking was a joke with at least three full on arguments going on whilst we paddled our way to the show,lucky to get out. we then discovered that our pre booked tickets had to be verified before entry, overall an hour of queing whilst cash buyers got in faster. once in the field it was clear that lifestyle was the focus more than cycling. finally with 2 thousand ish riding last year, their claim of 4500 riders on the same courses decided me that keeping out of the crashes would be good. will ride the staffs lanes, for free a shame as a great event goes bad

Re:

Thanks for the tip. I was going to head over in an hour or so but I was sweating about the parking and queues. Suspicions confirmed!

if you park in the town car parks you are ok, and paying cash then no problem,its the idiots like me who trusted them and paid up front who got treated badly

Re:

All in all, it wasn't as good as last year - by a long way. The weather certainly challenged the organisers and I sympathise to a degree but it did seem less about the ride this year. I rode the 55 today and the course was good but the feed stops were sportive standard rather than the fantastic spreads from last year - it was night and day different. The worst bit for me was that the finish area was just a mud bath and there was no way to get out of the showground without getting your bike and cycling shoes covered in stinking mud and straw.

I'll likely go again next year but I hope that this year will have focussed the organisers on the need for a plan B - its not as if rain is unusual in the UK in June. I was there from Friday early afternoon and you could see the problems building with parking and camping. I also felt for the food sellers who were paying a huge pitch fee but customers couldn't get to them for expanses of standing water

I'm interested to hear what other people thought

Re:

i think that paying £15 for a day visit is ok,will not pay in advance again as we were ignored whilst they took the cash buyers money. £60 is a lot to ride round publc roads and although this something i would not have conidered before this weekend,but riding whilst missing the start and finish and food areas for free sounds good

Not sure if this years event had become to commercial, or to big, or both, it seemed to lack something. I would guess it broke its previous attendence records but entry to the show was poorly thought out. An hour long queue to swap your ticket for a wristband was crazy, why not just issue the wristband instead of a ticket. Once in the show it was unfortunately, a sea of mud. Still good to see some rare and outstanding bikes and meet some great people in and out of the show, but I left feeling slightly underwhelmed.

Re:

Ian, you could do that, but do it on another day do that you're not just coming across as a cheapskate :)

Back