Elite Owners Required - Orange you gonna join us

Re:

My digital callipers recon the inside of the seat tube is 30.8mm.

Frame number confirms it’s a 1992.

Very strange????

I’ve re measured and actually the internal diameter of the seat tube is 31mm so I’m guessing 30.9mm post required? Handy if anyone has the correct smaller size like this to confirm my suspicion????

I’ve tried another 31.6 post for size from an old bike I located and miraculously it fits!

I can’t understand how a new Onza Rigamortis badged as 31.6 would not fit?

Anyway, that clarifies that 31.6 is correct width for 1992 Aluminium Elite. Maybe a discrepancy in post manufacturing or an error in the markings on the new post has caused this Issue? Very strange though....

Anyway, I may just fit the 30.9 version with an appropriate shim to reduce risk of any scratching to the new post.

Thanks to those that messaged me to assist and hopefully this kinda clarified post sizing.

Hi all.... struggling to find a 34.9 banded top pull XT mech but do have a mint bottom pull. I notice on these frames that they have a bolt boss on the rear of the seat tube just above the BB that I’m guessing is for a pulley to route to a bottom pull mech? Anyone doing this on their Elite? If so how well does it work and Any suggestions on where to get a pulley? Seen one on eBay but enquiring with the experts first
;)

Re:

I have seen a pulley on this parish amongst other shiny bits for sale. Might have been red and NOS for a tenner, or something like that. I think it was username racerX (might be racer-X) in the <97 for sales but some time ago.

Also; throw a pm to username emjay. He did offer me a tp 34.9 XT front mech a while back but i didnt need it in the end.

prezza":3n1ujelt said:
Hi all.... struggling to find a 34.9 banded top pull XT mech but do have a mint bottom pull. I notice on these frames that they have a bolt boss on the rear of the seat tube just above the BB that I’m guessing is for a pulley to route to a bottom pull mech? Anyone doing this on their Elite? If so how well does it work and Any suggestions on where to get a pulley? Seen one on eBay but enquiring with the experts first
;)

Yep the pulley was the way, Shimano only released their top-pulls in 1992 models, hence pulley wheels for all top routed around that time, unless you went Suntour who already and one out.
it's also why they disappeared a couple of years later.

Also if you are searching with m numbers, add 1 to the number code.
So M901, M736 ,M651

Back