Ebay must be getting desperate.

Incorrect.

EBay offer discounts themselves on sellers items. The seller receives the full amount.
There is a seller option to automatically offer discounts, correspondingly reducing your selling price.

Ebay are trying to evolve into a more efficient, high turnaround, operation, grabbing more of the market for new goods. They probably see a future free of the vagaries of second hand goods.

Anyone else getting more and more offers from Ebay offering a discount on sellers items, I'm getting them pretty much every week now?
I have been surfing the wave on multiple items, striking when the discount made them irrepressible. Missed one or two though. Perhaps need some clever sniping software.

There is a seller option to automatically offer discounts, correspondingly reducing your selling price.

Ebay are trying to evolve into a more efficient, high turnaround, operation, grabbing more of the market for new goods. They probably see a future free of the vagaries of second hand goods.

Yes I realise this of course.

But there is also eBay themselves who do discounts which do not cost the seller.

You can sign up to be part of these incentives if you are a VAT registered business seller and they don’t cost you anything. Obviously they make the normal fees on the sale etc.

Yes I realise this of course.

But there is also eBay themselves who do discounts which do not cost the seller.

You can sign up to be part of these incentives if you are a VAT registered business seller and they don’t cost you anything. Obviously they make the normal fees on the sale etc.
Yup. I think the o.p. is on about the selling price discount offers from sellers though. Sometimes quite substantial discounts.

Back