Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Anyone want a muddy fox?
This has been hanging on our window security bars since the 20th century - I think it's an '89 courier comp, beadblasted and awaiting paint IMG_20240824_105628.jpg IMG_20240824_105633.jpg
Toptube is 555mm, seat tube 19 CtoT
£60 posted

Long time since I posted here but I am just about to embark on the restoration of my 1987(?) owned from new Courier. Some year ago, the handlebars failed (just slowly snapped on one side) and I had to replace it with whatever I could lay my hands on. As a result, I'm on the lookout for an original handlebar set and stem if anyone has any spares they might be willing to part with.

Here's the bike...

View attachment 877870View attachment 877871

and a photo of the sorts of bars and stem I seek - though these are from a slightly later bike an are 'straighter' but I would be happy with these if they were offered..

mnay thanks in advance...
Sorry no stem - it’s on a bike the same as your’s already!

Bars I found a set of the straighter version, the other set I thought were MF are actually ITM.

If either are of use let me know won’t be bank breaking!

IMG_4961.jpeg IMG_4962.jpeg IMG_4963.jpeg

Thanks for digging those out. The Muddy Fox one might well be of interest, I'm waiting to hear back from another contact who has also said they might be able to help (if that's ok) If I can find a set including the stem, then that would be really helpful.

On that, I've dug this out this afternoon. I thought I had added it to the Archive some years back but now I can't see it. I was given this flyer from the shop when I first went in to look at the bike. I'm so happy I have hung on to it as it gives the spec for all the bits and pieces on the bike. So now I know the stem is a Kusuki Rocky 11. I also need a pair of Dia Compe brake levers (whether these are designated 980 or whether that is the cantilever operating arms, I am not certain) plus I am short of one right hand Suntour thumb shifter. A pair of Victor VP767 pedals would be a real bonus find. I *think* I am pretty much ok for the rest, but I will know better as I start work and work out what is past its best.

Attachments

• MuddyFox001.jpg
    MuddyFox001.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for digging those out. The Muddy Fox one might well be of interest, I'm waiting to hear back from another contact who has also said they might be able to help (if that's ok) If I can find a set including the stem, then that would be really helpful.

On that, I've dug this out this afternoon. I thought I had added it to the Archive some years back but now I can't see it. I was given this flyer from the shop when I first went in to look at the bike. I'm so happy I have hung on to it as it gives the spec for all the bits and pieces on the bike. So now I know the stem is a Kusuki Rocky 11. I also need a pair of Dia Compe brake levers (whether these are designated 980 or whether that is the cantilever operating arms, I am not certain) plus I am short of one right hand Suntour thumb shifter. A pair of Victor VP767 pedals would be a real bonus find. I *think* I am pretty much ok for the rest, but I will know better as I start work and work out what is past its best.
That is the 1986 model spec.

Could well be, It was either '86 or '87 I bought it. Mine was the model shown (though it has yellow decals) One of the things i've noticed is it doesn;t have the impressed paw print at the top of the rear tubes which must have come in in the following year...

Latest posts

Back