Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Re: Re:

tim75":32xzdt48 said:
Got given this yesterday but not sure on which model / year it is? Anyone have any ideas?

Doesn't look like any that I've seen. I think it's a repaint of an 80's bike with some 1988 MF decals. My thoughts for this are lugs were present up until 1987 and the 88 range went lugless and mostly U-braked (most stuff in 87 from Explorer up was u-braked at the rear), so for 87 it would be Courier or lower. The seatstay tops have a taper that's too short to be a courier and the top tube cable guides do match either. It's not a BSO though, well at least I don't think it is as the lugs are fairly ornate, it has forged dropouts and double bottle bosses. I reckon it could be a brit bike (due to lugged construction), maybe an 80's CB, Holdsworth, Falcon or BE, not a Raleigh though as the details are wrong.

Could be totally off though.

Carl.

Re:

Yes I thought someone might say that as the paw print head tube sticker is yellow so doesn't really match the down tube ones. I haven't really had a proper look at it yet but maybe I'll have a search for a frame number as that may be a clue. Did muddy fox have any particular order for their frame numbers?

Re:

Here is my muddy fox,s and c cycles frame built with parts from a donor bike.Its actually a Muddy fox city frame,which is more city biased,and therefore has narrower chain stay width and no cantilever bosses,hence the caliper brakes.

Attachments

• 555.gif
    555.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 802
Back