Early 50s La Gazelle - Eau-de-Nil 🛠️ The Merlot Aftermath 🍷

Seat-post off - wrestle won ✅

I can fully justify not going to the gym this evening ......

DSC_0221.jpg

What a bastard. Never had this before - just didn't want to lift with the normal wiggle and out when it got going. Lot's of wet stuff, and firm taps with the long side of the hammer on the saddle clamp. I couldn't get a good swing initially but it started to lift which was a relief, eventually I could get better blows in a much better vertical manner but it never got easier to lift :confused: I did notice the seat post binder bolt was bent slightly.

Weird, but I'm very glad it's out. 👯‍♀️🎉

Thinking the saddle may help date the bike. Two things embossed in the side, but can't make most of it out.

Rear badge is crystal clear. All the rivets have Pryma on them too - this wasn't a cheap saddle I reckon :)

1662395495946.jpeg

Last edited:
Plusgas for the post.

9.5mm to attach the guards. Huh. I'm surprised they used such a common bolt size. A 9 3/8mm would have been more creative.

• Haha
Reactions: Woz
Who'd have thought we have so much in common with seatposts? When feeling stuck and tense, plenty of the wet stuff to loosen up and it's smooth sailing.

Well done getting it out. I say go to the gym and enjoy a couple of cans in there, perhaps a pastrami roll. When asked why you're sitting there snacking and hydrating rather than working out, pull the post out of your kit bag, let them know you're a trooper.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I can fully justify not going to the gym this evening ......

View attachment 658948

What a bastard. Never had this before - just didn't want to lift with the normal wiggle and out when it got going. Lot's of wet stuff, and firm taps with the long side of the hammer on the saddle clamp. I couldn't get a good swing initially but it started to lift which was a relief, eventually I could get better blows in a much better vertical manner but it never got easier to lift :confused: I did notice the seat post binder bolt was bent slightly.

Weird, but I'm very glad it's out. 👯‍♀️🎉

Thinking the saddle may help date the bike. Two things embossed in the side, but can't make most of it out.

Rear badge is crystal clear. All the rivets have Pryma on them too - this wasn't a cheap saddle I reckon :)

View attachment 658952
That's a proper handsome saddle...and fine fettle....that bike has been cared for.

I already have ideas on the age of this bike 😁

Plusgas for the post.

9.5mm to attach the guards. Huh. I'm surprised they used such a common bolt size. A 9 3/8mm would have been more creative.

Can't get Plusgas here - WD40 is plentiful though.

Now that daruma gizmo is off, just squirted loads of WD40 down the fork column and will leave the bike upside down overnight.

Back