Drop bar add ons for flats....what do you think of these ?

Drop position?

There’s a steerer extender , riser bars and hoods at an angle I’ve never seen and you think going on the drops helps with a headwind. It’s like a solution to a problem that really doesn’t exist in the real world of cycling.

(Helpful mode )
If you genuinely are struggling to this extent to get the correct position I’d suggest a bike fit. You look overwhelmingly average so there isn’t any logical reason why any of this is necessary. Your position riding like you are won’t be efficient and whilst you think it’s comfy you would be suprised on what an expert will tell you.

Millions of cyclists ride many miles with the ‘normal’ handlebar options out there. You wanted wide drop bars originally , to which I assumed you were of wide shoulders. But you aren’t.

You say you did 45 miles …. What’s the average ? Climbing ?
Naaa only one big climb, I will start clocking my speeds starting next week, also this bike really isnt meant to be fast with front suspension and I often run 700x38 tyres

Naaa only one big climb, I will start clocking my speeds starting next week, also this bike really isnt meant to be fast with front suspension and I often run 700x38 tyres

How long did 45 miles take ?

I’m just trying to gauge what you think is quick. Myself I’d class 22+ mph average as quick for a fairly flat ride. 17/18mph is like average Joe who rides twice a week. Add some hills and those drop a little.

I thought this was the ‘sleeper’ bike? The one that shocked the Di2 Carbon crowd……

How long did 45 miles take ?

I’m just trying to gauge what you think is quick. Myself I’d class 22+ mph average as quick for a fairly flat ride. 17/18mph is like average Joe who rides twice a week. Add some hills and those drop a little.

I thought this was the ‘sleeper’ bike? The one that shocked the Di2 Carbon crowd……
Over what distance are your rides.

Interesting, apologies if you've mentioned and I've missed it, how wide are your riser bars, it might be the perspective but they look VERY wide?
Edit, I just noticed your stem is raised up significantly but then the bar extensions oppose that by dropping the bars back down, doesn't one partially cancel out the other?

Interesting, apologies if you've mentioned and I've missed it, how wide are your riser bars, it might be the perspective but they look VERY wide?
Edit, I just noticed your stem is raised up significantly but then the bar extensions oppose that by dropping the bars back down, doesn't one partially cancel out the other?
31.8x720mm

gopping,

it looks like you crashed into every stall at a bicycle 'bad ideas' marketing seminar

A bit harsh I know

Now I'm off out on my bicycle

s-l1600.jpg

No, for years I rode drops but never used the drop part because they were too low, dont like or need that aero position, it doesnt work me even though many are ok with it, just the tops and the hoods, I now ride 50% on the drops, 50% on the hoods BUT when I ride the Dartmoor Classic I will likely go for a more conventional road bike position as I will be looking for as fast as possible, but I hate road bikes, impractical, uncomfortable, expensive and fragile, just not my kind of bike, I will use one for the classic, but after that I will likely sell it

Back