Dream vehicles

@old_coyote_pedaller

That sound nice 👌 I am still thinking about building it up, then with my cannondale on the top or back, then Ride into the sunset.

My dad used to work on minis, and he did it well. Had a green mini with carbon bonnet and black roof. Something like 130bhp!. The engine was originally on the comlan racer mini. On there, it made around 170bhp! No problems yet building it up. If I’ve built it up, and I don’t feel like building the whole mini I’ll just sell the complete engine for a good amount of money. And use the profit for bikes and a bike business I’m thinking of. If I do feel like it, I’ll have a damn good daily driver😊

I kinda like the new electric minis.

Though I do prefer an electric kit in a classic shell.

Someone got 450bhp out of an electric motor. Imagine that, in a mini
We got the Polestar 2 and thats been nice, but its really a little bigger than we need so Mrs CTEC has decided to sell before age becomes a significant factor for the depreciation. We haven't come close to using all the range, so paying for range we arent using seems daft.

The Mini is 181 ponies for the electric, and felt a lot quicker on the test drive thanIi expected, maybe quicker than the P2. BMW claim 0-60 in 7.1s but ,iltiple magaizines, incliding Car and Car and Driver have tested it at 6.1, which is quicker than all other than the JCW.

What the JCW doesn't have is that immediate snap response at any speed, so although the JCW is outright quicker the SE is quicker in real world motoring as you're not haing to spend time dropping a gear to get the motor apinning and gases flowing to wake up the turbo.

She's ordered some special edition which isnlike the 3 but with special paint, a 3 tone painted roof, and a bucket load of options. I costs a coupkemof grand more than the 3 but we worked out to spec the 3 with all the bits (other tnan the paint, which is unique to the model) is a couple of grand more. Shes buyingnit herself outright, foxtrotting about paying afat deposit she'll never see agwin and then renting it on PCP. There are easier ways to burn money without leaving the house.

Interesting factoid. The Mini has an 8 year battery guarantee, which is all to the good. However, the battery itself is designed in such a manner that if it turns faulty individual cells can be identified and replaced separately. No throwing an entire battery away and having to spend gazillions on a new one here.

My dad had a lovely e36 m3 estate replica, it was pretty quick. He sold it in the end because he needed the money.

(It’s a replica because bmw never made an m3 estate. Until recently)

Recently I would have liked to think I would own one of these one day, but it's really not the right thing to do, nor will I ever have the space. When it's a choice between cars and bikes, bikes will win every time. There's a small matter that one would have to be an import from the US which it just a giant ball-ache, and one would turn into a pile of rust just looking at it 🤣

curbside-classic-1975-amc-pacer-x.jpg

DSC04303.jpg

renault_14_gtl_39-1200x800.jpeg

The 944 and 924 were great cars, all vw engineering so reliable compared to the flat 4 and devilish in the twisty stuff. Pop up lights to, so winner.

Pacer, the only car than was longer on one side than the other.

Back