Don't know what to do V or canti (or disc?? )

V or canti, a rock and a hard place

• V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canti

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IDB1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So I'm trying to sell the XC Pro canti's currently fitted to my '91 SS Karakoram having got really fed up with not being able to get them set up properly.
That and they don't really go with the lime green brake cables :roll:

The intention was to go with Direct Curve 3 V's and levers. Would look very cool on the bike, alleged to work well too (bonus ;) )

OR.. wait until the frame goes in some time over the winter for track ends and a re-powdercoat and have a disc tab put on the back (but this would mean new wheels and I really like the black/white Tioga jobbies I got from al) - this option is a bit of a non-starter but I threw it in because it has crossed my mind.

The original choice..

1. carry on trying to sell the canti's, fit the V's and everyone's happy
2. ditch the (lime green) brake cables in favour of decent black ones, persevere with setting the canti's up and keep it retro (and everyone's happy)..

A little pic (forks have changed now), because someone's bound to ask ;)

DSC02672.jpg

Cantis all the way, V's just don't look good (imho) and looking good is obviously the most important thing when it comes to fixie/ss! ;)

Is it??
I have to like the look of the thing (obviously) but the fact I don't have gears to faff around with is the most important thing for me.

V's make most sense,a lot of votes for them in your poll,but replies to the contrary :?

they work,easy to set up and look neat,job done :D

(discs would = swift death ;) you will inflict on yourself through the guilt you will feel :LOL: )

I'd go with V's. They actually work, they will look good on that frame/fork, they're easy to set up, they can be bought for a reasonable price.

Discs would be so wrong (and expensive) on that bike.

But the above ^^^ only applies if you really can't get the cantis to work how you want them to and are committed to selling them.

I have Chris King on an old steel GT frame. . . guilt is my middle name :LOL:

I know, deep down, that the Cane Creek V's will just be 'right' but the niggling doubt prompted an excursion outside of off-topic and out into the big wide forum..

that and the lack of buyers for the canti's :LOL:

i've voted Vs
i love discs... but in the right place
that would not be the right place, especially with track ends
v's = easy + powerful + tidy

although i agree, lose the green :LOL:

Back