Does anyone have an Islabike?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
I want to get a good bike for the lad who is going on six. I have looked at a few and everyone of them is at least ten pounds heavier than every other bike I own and that includes my 1991 Saracen Kili Flyer Comp (19.5")!
I like the look of these although they are a bit more expensive than average, but, I expect, you gets what you pay for!
Can anyone recommend them?

Attachments

• Isla.jpg
    Isla.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,067
:D I have read nothing but good re. Isla bikes for kids...they are incredibly well put together, with good sturdy components, but are not built to weigh a ton....they realise that some kids actually want a nice performing mtb. to ride as opposed to something they just sling an the floor as it's heavy and unreliable.
Although havn't used one, When Izzy gets to that age , these are bikes i will definately be looking at due to their reputation.....go for it, he will thank you for ever!!!! :cool:

isla bikes are a great frame.
Isla rowntree i seem to remember as the founder had a plan to make a good no nonsense frame for women to race on back on the mid 90s.

Ive got one hung up in the attic from about 94.

It was bought for an ex girlfriend....we we split, I took the bike! :LOL:

i'm sure they appear in Cycling plus every now and again with good reveiws.

Got an Islabike balance bike for my smallest, pal has a 20" wheel one for his son. They are both FANTASTIC: Light, beautifully welded and with a choice of components that fit little hands.

I would thoroughly recommend thme.

Thanks people. I am going to arrange a visit, the place is only five miles or so away from me. Most of the other bikes we have looked at are only around £30 or so less than one of these.
All I have to do is prise the little git away from Lego Starwars now!

Isla Rowntree was something to do with Zinn back in the day wasn't she? Didn't her boyfriend used to build the frames?

Stu

Back