Divorce

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3ckmvxdo said:
Most law forms will offer an initial free consultation.

Even a half hour with an expert can save you thousands long term.

The first time it was 30 mins free. 10 yrs later it was 15 mins free. Now who knows? And don't do as i did and go on the web. Paid £25 for forms i could get for free from the courts :facepalm:
live and learn :)

Do not move out of *your* house. Doing so puts you as responsible for leaving.

During the settlement, ensure you keep all of your pension.

If you have kids, do not simply let them live with her. I've seen many blokes crippled by Child support.

Have a google around for mens divorce, as it can be sobering reading how many men get screwed over during them, and whilst I'm lucky enough to not have gone through it, a lot of friends have.

And sympathies to you, but now is the time to be proactive, and smart, you can wallow in pity later (sorry!). if it helps at all, every bloke I know that has gone through it has come out better at the other side.

Re:

When I split amicably with my old missus I gave her my share of the house as she was raising my son I thought it was the right thing to do...sadly she died in 2005 ,she had sold the house and put the money into a new place with her boyfriend
within two weeks he kicked my son out to live with me which was great but disruptive as he had to change schools my son got nothing from the house .
I would reccommend legal advice as you never know what life will deal you.

Back