Disc brake adaptor

Typical!!!! Just spoken to BETD and they sold out of the bespoke rear ends about 2 months ago and there is not enough demand for them to do another batch :cry:

When you say bolt on do you mean drilling the frame and bolting the bracket to it?

Shame about that :(

Yes I was suggesting he possibility of drilling the dropout to mount a bracket. Call BTED back and ask them maybe?

No joy with that option Mike, I have been told that it would be very risky to drill the frame as the hole size required would weaken the structual rigidity of the frame :cry:

Worth a shot.

Try emailing spesh themselves? They might tell you there is a later rear end that's compatible, or provide one of their bespoke caliper mounts.

Grovel and tell them how amazing the bike is even after all these years and you'd hate to have to buy a new bike etc etc etc....

I think Risse do rear ends, or at least my memory seems to recall seeing some on their website when loking for RTS spares, though the shipping may cost a few quid. I have seen a few on eBay every now and again, so you might get lucky there?

I also remember stendec seem to do some suspension products - offerred to build me a bespoke shock for my RTS for under £300.

Ian

Back