Disc brake adaptor

Not got said adapter but I'm tempted to get one. Think you should be OK if you have flat sided alloy dropouts. The arm helps to spread the stress of disc braking through the frame which is a weakness to the A2Z design.

Thanks for your response, i have tried the A2Z adaptor on my frame and it really does not look right. the angle it sits at is very diferent to the pictures on the instructions and the part that sits against the frame lines up with a weld.
I was hoping that this one would be a better fit and someone might know if the flat section after the weld is large enought to accomodate it..

Spesh made their own adapter. It bolted on the canti mount at one end and the other bolted onto the dropout. I'll try and find a picture but last time I looked on the net I couldnt find one.

I found a pic. I remember something about a hole needs drilling in the dropout for the mount to bolt into.

s-bike.jpg

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. I have done a search on tinternet and can only find forum posts about the specialized bracket. looks like it would be a good way to go but probably not possible as i cant seem to find one for sale anywhere.
I am half tempted to buy the DDG one and give it a go but would really like to know if it is going to fit before I do.

Hmmmm hadnt really thought about the welding option, not sure where to get something like that done and wouldnt it be quite expensive????

I couldnt say about the later seatstay compatibility, bit of a newbie to all of this.

That looks painful Steve, did it result in you eating dirt????

Back