Diamondback question - which bike/yr was it?

yep, I had thew TR version (same thing, but with manitou forks and maybe a downgrade of crank/front mech) and it was indeed a cracker, I gave it to a friend a coupel of years ago due to a big interstate move, so with I hadn't, I should go offer hime $$$$ to buy it back

Ahh the DBR Vertex TR. Now there was a bike. It was as T,boo Ted says the same frame but comes from 95 and was more or less the last stand of top end steel as the welded carbon fiber (WCF) and Easton Elite aluminum became the best sellers. The full sus Dual Response models were also now seen as the future. The TR and the Apex used the TT Lite steel and for 95 the Axis name was only used for the titanium bikes. The TR had Manitou 4 forks, LX group with XT rear mech and shifters and DiaComp 987 brakes (I have the 95 sales & tech guide). I used one as a non racing mountain bike, ie for day rides etc and for that reason have fond memories of it. I sold the frame less than a year ago on E-bay and got £18 for it and also wish I had not let it go for so little. Oh well E-bay, I would have used the for sale section here but still can not work out how to post pictures............

Ok I will have to go with what T,boo Ted says as not all of the range was sold in every country. The UK range was Axis and Apex in 94 with TT Lite and ridgid forks and the Vertex TR in black paint with red and white decals for 95. The Apex in 95 was a matt red that came out a bit pink or matt blue. By the way Ted you don,t happen to know a British expat called Nick Lawrence who is now in Launceston?

fignon1989":1ionntdv said:
Ahh the DBR Vertex TR. Now there was a bike. It was as T,boo Ted says the same frame but comes from 95 and was more or less the last stand of top end steel as the welded carbon fiber (WCF) and Easton Elite aluminum became the best sellers. The full sus Dual Response models were also now seen as the future. The TR and the Apex used the TT Lite steel and for 95 the Axis name was only used for the titanium bikes. The TR had Manitou 4 forks, LX group with XT rear mech and shifters and DiaComp 987 brakes (I have the 95 sales & tech guide). I used one as a non racing mountain bike, ie for day rides etc and for that reason have fond memories of it. I sold the frame less than a year ago on E-bay and got £18 for it and also wish I had not let it go for so little. Oh well E-bay, I would have used the for sale section here but still can not work out how to post pictures............
In 95 (94 and 96, too) there was a steel Axis with TT-Lite tubing. I'm looking at the 95 brochure, now, as I type this.

Back