Diamondback Axis R

OK here's a picture. I uploaded a few more in my gallery if your keen to see more!!

Attachments

• DBR_600x450.JPG
    DBR_600x450.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,906
looking good Pete, but I think some skinwall tyres would suit it better ;)

by way of a little variation....here's my '97

Attachments

• Axis97rs.jpg
    Axis97rs.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 2,901
It came with a set of IRC Mythos SXC's in skinwall which did look nice, but the semi-slicks suit me better. I'm to old & unfit to be pushing knobbies all the time considering it needs to rain here before I'll encounter any mud!

:? Jango...just polishing the frame up on my '97...and noticed a difference to yours. Exactly the same colour scheme..but on the top tube mine has AXIS R...yours seems to have AXIS alone, no R...the R is in a yellow circle and is under he lacquer same as all the other graphics. On the seat tube it has .."true temper....tt lite...race frame ". Do we have the same frame..? Cheers :)

here is mine, not quite current spec (have changed seatpost for blue USE and saddle for Flite).

dbraxis001mediumxk5.jpg

Typhoon, mine is the Ritchey tubing frameset not available in the UK.....same paintjob, different animal ;)

I'm loving this thread, we're getting pics of various Axis models but as yet not a single AxisR!!

:LOL: Sorry..here we go i hope..not too clever with computers :oops: This is a totally original, less than 50 miles from new, Axis r. Wheels..as new, xt hubs, as-new xt 8speed, xt v's , brake arms still have the little sticky black protective patch on them, lx cranks , still has the Diamond back chain stay protecter..amazing the bike has had such little use. Should have complete back together bike picks by the w/e...only needs all the protective spray-dirt etc- removing off the components.
DSC01724.jpg
DSC01725.jpg
[/img]

Yep, thet's a '97 AxisR, got one of them at my dad's place!! just need to get it back :roll:

i have a dbr axis r in red, blue and yellow. it was full xt drivetrain until i turned it into a singlespeed. never looked back though!!!! a classic steel frame with one gear - pure, solid ride!! :D i will post some pics soon, she is my pride and joy after all!!!!

Back