Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
What would you do?

I've seen a frameset for sale, from a rare company, in race team colours. That's the good thing.

The bad? It's Reynolds 525 tubing, not great if memory serves, and 2cm too small.

So why am I still tempted?

Mike

depends on the price I think Mike.... if reasonable, then go for it - you can always sell on again later if you change your mind. Reynolds 525 is decent stuff, I can't remember the difference between it and the other reynolds but I have a Dave Yates tourer made (mainly) from the stuff and it's a fantastic bike.

The size would be a larger (or smaller, in this case) problem!

Any hints as to what it is?

foz":18z8aosa said:
depends on the price I think Mike.... if reasonable, then go for it - you can always sell on again later if you change your mind. Reynolds 525 is decent stuff, I can't remember the difference between it and the other reynolds but I have a Dave Yates tourer made (mainly) from the stuff and it's a fantastic bike.

The size would be a larger (or smaller, in this case) problem!

Any hints as to what it is?

Thanks for your thoughts, really don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet. I have been looking for one for some time though.

Mike

531 frames nowadays are repaired with 525, particularly the rear triangle and forks.

Can't be too shabby :)

Shaun

Back