Dawes Sterling tourer / Dawes street cruiser

Vectra105

Retro Newbie
Hi all, I'm just wondering if you would be able advise on a rough price on my Dad's old bike and a ladies one he also has.
He purchases this lovely dawes Sterling in the 90's and used it to cycle from the furthest point south France back to Calais circa 1995, along with various other charity rides. He had planned on cycling from West to East France but sadly work commitments meant he never got to complete this and now age is against him and he has decided to part ways with his old trusty steed realising he won't complete his goal on it.

So here's the details...
Dark green Dawes Sterling
Believe size is large
Michelin World tour 700c tyres
Shimano parallax wheels
Bor Yueh panniers rear
Nimrod panniers front
Shimano Altus 18 gears with 6 sprocket at back. (Not sure about ratio of top but do recall the bottom as 1 to 1)
Some retro wired computer (Act)

Also have 4 additional spare tyres:
Nokia rollspeed LX
Michelin World tour (brand new)

Bike has always been garaged so is in very good condition for its age and regularly serviced (although not been used for circa 10 years) , and Dad never rode it in the rain.

In addition I also have a ladies dawes street cruiser which has been used as far as I know about 3x in its life. Not entirely sure on how old this is but circa 20 years. Size small I believe.
Shimano Mega range 7 speed
21 gears
Tyres hold air, but are cracking.

Both were purchased new from Les Discount cycles in Canvey island.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20240625_214338.jpg
    IMG_20240625_214338.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20240626_161616.jpg
    IMG_20240626_161616.jpg
    731.6 KB · Views: 10
Just to add. I am located in Chelmsford, Essex, and would like the bikes to go to a good home. If anyone is interested in making an offer for either or both please let me know. Many thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm sure some other more knowledgeable members will soon pile in to give their opinion as to value - but once you have an idea they must be posted to the "for sale" section with clear prices.
In my humble opinion the Sterling might be worth £150, the cruiser £80. Sorry to say the 2nd hand market is very depressed right now.

Back