Dave yates donkey's

Giom6":116aanp1 said:
I know its only a small thing but the dent on the tube tube would put me off paying that much…

Lord, you want your penny AND your bun. :mrgreen:

Sensible point though, and one that won't be missed by our retro bro's in Europe.

NeilM":2etiibpr said:
the forks are worth £30 max

If that's 1" tb P2, I'll happily pay that for it of the new owner wants something fancier ;)

I think it's a really lovely think, but being taken as a trade in and very likely marked up massively just grates as a bit cheeky for me. I'd happily take it over a Fat though... :LOL:

elPedro666":nfma3p0v said:
NeilM":nfma3p0v said:
the forks are worth £30 max

If that's 1" tb P2, I'll happily pay that for it of the new owner wants something fancier ;)

Whoops, hadn't spotted the triple butted bit, that pretty much doubles or even triples their price IF they are TB's.

Well, the frame is getting better and better value by the post.

NeilM":flzzzy1g said:
You know my feelings about British steel, it rags me something horrid that people will happily pay hundreds for a Fat Chance or Klein, but ignore our home grown products, but unfortunately that's the market and that is why I have some of the beauties in my garage that I do.

As for this DONKIS, the forks are worth £30 max, the BB £60, that leaves the frame at £510 minimum, which is less than I paid for either my DOGS or Cats once all the repair and paint costs are taken into account.

As you say Carl, when was the last time you saw one for sale? And when will the next one appear?

Will anyone buy at that price... they should, but I doubt it.

Someone please prove me wrong.

I agree, I think the frame is worth 400 with out doubt. But I would probably give five hundred if it would fit. And its doubtful I would paint it. The small dent I would leave with, its not harming anyone. :oops:

Replicating the paint, would cost £300 finished I reckon. :?

Coleman":1re3h9py said:
My one of these is 1 1/8" steerer.

I have the perfect fork, in NOS condition for just that occasion.

I just wish yours was a little bigger.... :cry:

Attachments

• DONKIS%20NOB.jpg
    DONKIS%20NOB.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 125
sinnerman":2pj5kfu6 said:
I agree, I think the frame is worth 400 with out doubt. But I would probably give five hundred if it would fit. And its doubtful I would paint it. The small dent I would leave with, its not harming anyone. :oops:

Replicating the paint, would cost £300 finished I reckon. :?

^^^^ This ^^^^

Although if you really wanted to complement a D.O.G.S, you would colour match the fork.... :cool:

Attachments

• dave_yates_donkis_knob_bike95_170.jpg
    dave_yates_donkis_knob_bike95_170.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 122
sinnerman":1kutptpl said:
Although if you really wanted to complement a D.O.G.S, you would colour match the fork.... :cool:

That's got to be one of the best looking bikes ever...

Back