Dave yates donkey's

I think you're all a bunch of girlies.

My wife doesn't care how many bikes I have, just as long as none of them are brought into HER house. :mrgreen:

There was a slogan doing the Facebook rounds recently...

"My greatest fear when I die, is that my wife will sell all my bikes for what I told her they cost".

Applies in my case and I'm a great advocate for the smuggle into the cave option.

Bryncrug72":kse23kbu said:
Well done for trying :D

You're a better man than me...

It was worth a go !
I still think its a lot of money but it is special, they are rare and even tho it's my birthday next week, it was an outside chance that I'd be told "that's a good idea, I think you should buy that frame immediately" :D[/quote]

Also my birthday on Monday but I'm definitely not man enough to even ask either :oops:

In my defence we don't have a garage and all the bikes live in what other people would class as 'the lounge' - so there's no hiding anything![/quote]

We do have a garage ! but to stop her going in I've told her there is a nest of spiders by the door ! :LOL:

It would be interesting to see exactly how many of our "home grown" frames have crossed the pond ![/quote]

I know of several Roberts that have...., and hes very proud of the fact too... :cool:

GoldenEraMTB":2qjwb24z said:
sinnerman":2qjwb24z said:
Paints Costly, and it takes time, and this is a sure fire way to shorten your life expectancy.....LOL.

This one looks quite tidy Imho.

I agree.

MAX OR tubing dents if you look at it the wrong way; I've owned a few FB max OR tubed bikes; 2 out of 3 were dented, and the third dented after a time in my possession, as i do ride my bikes. So long as the dent is not creased or by a joint where it would affect the fillet brazing or weld, if should be fine.

Quality paint jobs are not cheap or easy to come by, and would still not be original.

If the conversion rates between the pound and dollar were not as bad as they are, I'd be tempted.

You always did have taste my friend.... :cool:

sinnerman":3d50oun0 said:
Bryncrug72":3d50oun0 said:
Well done for trying :D

You're a better man than me...

It was worth a go !
I still think its a lot of money but it is special, they are rare and even tho it's my birthday next week, it was an outside chance that I'd be told "that's a good idea, I think you should buy that frame immediately" :D

Also my birthday on Monday but I'm definitely not man enough to even ask either :oops:

In my defence we don't have a garage and all the bikes live in what other people would class as 'the lounge' - so there's no hiding anything![/quote]

We do have a garage ! but to stop her going in I've told her there is a nest of spiders by the door ! :LOL:

It would be interesting to see exactly how many of our "home grown" frames have crossed the pond ![/quote]

I know of several Roberts that have...., and hes very proud of the fact too... :cool:[/quote]

Cool ! :cool:
It would be nice to know if British frames have the cult following there like klein, fats, bontragers etc have here

Bryncrug72":1bqc1ew2 said:
It would be nice to know if British frames have the cult following there like klein, fats, bontragers etc have here

It's not a kult following, it is an affliction brought on in the 1990's by bouts of extreme marketing, magazine articles and peer pressure.

It is curable though, all you need to do is take one British handmade frame, to the woods/hills/moors, twice weekly for the rest of your life.

The History Man":2vsv28w0 said:
I should think so?, but how to choose?

I recommend a scatter gun approach, starting with Alves and finishing with Zinn.

However, a quicker way to find which frame builder will be most efficacious for your particular affliction, is to read as many field trials results as possible.

NeilM":1r10nnmb said:
Bryncrug72":1r10nnmb said:

It's not a kult following, it is an affliction brought on in the 1990's by bouts of extreme marketing, magazine articles and peer pressure.

It is curable though, all you need to do is take one British handmade frame, to the woods/hills/moors, twice weekly for the rest of your life.

I imagine it would be quite a sight to see an Overbury's, a Zinn, a Roberts, a Yates or a Lloyd riding around Marin county !

Do we have any Japanese members on here ?
I know in Japan it's pretty cool to drive round in a classic mini, I could see this Yates on a bike rack headed for the hills !

pete_mcc":shli6y14 said:
Way overpriced for a tired frame that's obviously been heavily used and received little love in the past few years. £300 max.

have to agree with this, £400 to much

Back