Dave Yates Diabolo For Sale - SOLD TO A GOOD HOME

itsaretrovibe

Dirt Disciple
For sale is my early 90’s Dave Yates Diabolo bike, it’s going to hurt me to see this go as it was originally by dads bike but I no longer ride it and I want to buy a road bike to commute to work on, I had thought of converting the Dave Yates but I would rather it go to a good home where someone will appreciate it.

This bike is one of a kind and was custom built by Neil Walton cycles in Didsbury, it has been well maintained and looked after over the years. In August 2006 it was fully serviced by North West Mountain Bikes in Cheadle and has not been ridden since.

There are a few very minor paint chips but nothing that couldn’t be touched up easily.

Dave Yates Diabolo Frame
XT Front and Rear Derailleurs
Suntour XC Pro shifters
XT Break Leavers
XTR V Brakes
Pace Forks (not sure what model maybe MXCD?)
Ritchey Seat Post
Flite Titanium seat
Ritchey Force stem
X-LITE Titanium
Middleburn crank and front chain rings
Hope hubs (front and back)
FIR M122 rims
I also have a set of project two triple butted forks that were on the bike originally which i may consider including if you want to make it fully rigid again

I’m not sure exactly what its worth as you don’t see many about but I would like to get about £450 (all serious offers considered) I’m basing this price on what people have told me and what I know I could sell the components for if I was to break it down

I live in Stockport so you’re welcome to come and have a look first hand if you’re local. I will post out if required or will drive to meet buyers as well.

Attachments

• dy3.jpg
    dy3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,355
  • dy2.jpg
    dy2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,355
  • dy1.jpg
    dy1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,355
  • dy.jpg
    dy.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,355
Most importantly wheels likely as not built by Leon....

My Dave Yates with Hope hubs and Middleburn RS1s came from Neil Waltons aswell.

Often find myself wondering what became of Neil, Andy and Leon after the shop closed.

Am pretty sure I can see a Reynolds 731 sticker on the frame. Not seen another one besides my own, ever. Most Diablos were Columbus Cromor and a good bit heavier. They were also available in MAX which was good for heavier guys but still heavier than 731.

Rear end is silver-brazed 753 and stiff as f..k. Front end is fettled 531. Frame is very light for a steel frame at 4,5 lbs.

Back