Dave Lloyd Concept 90? (Frame ID)

Re:

Well, I've got to admit this has been a struggle. Building a bike for the first time is challenging enough but I'm not sure if bolting everything onto a frame minus its stops, braze ons etc (yes that again) is a step too far for a first build. Just when I thought I was getting there this is the sight that met me (and no I'm not talking about the carpet) when I looked up from my sofa to 'admire' my evening's work adjusting the gears earlier.

Well if it needed a respray before... :( The bottom bracket cable guide (stuck on with this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360709218708? ... EBIDX%3AIT) likes to wander about too. Before I go to my bed I'd like to toast all the fixed gear guys who enjoy removing braze ons from classic frames - Cheers! :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Incidentally I used to go to school in North Yorkshire in the 1990s and seem to remember the format of the postcodes changing whilst I was there. Maybe someone who has a better memory may be able to corroborate this but I seem to remember it happening. Therefore the “postcode” you have on it may be the old one!

Re: Re:

Mac_Mwnci":1kru5wq7 said:
Well, I've got to admit this has been a struggle. Building a bike for the first time is challenging enough but I'm not sure if bolting everything onto a frame minus its stops, braze ons etc (yes that again) is a step too far for a first build. Just when I thought I was getting there this is the sight that met me (and no I'm not talking about the carpet) when I looked up from my sofa to 'admire' my evening's work adjusting the gears earlier.

Well if it needed a respray before... :( The bottom bracket cable guide (stuck on with this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360709218708? ... EBIDX%3AIT) likes to wander about too. Before I go to my bed I'd like to toast all the fixed gear guys who enjoy removing braze ons from classic frames - Cheers! :facepalm:

Are you referring to paint damage or the fact you've put the cable guides on the wrong way up?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sorted!

Nice looking forks you've found to put on it as well, I'm intrigued to see how it looks when you've finished. With the fillet brazing and clamp on cable stops/guides it could end up looking like an old vintage fillet brazed frame modernised rather than a 90s bike.

Keep up the good work.

Mark.

Re:

Cheers Mark. The forks are Dave Lloyd but not quite like the ones I've seen on other Concept 90s. They look the part* and as D Ll forks don't turn up every day I'm pretty happy to have found these. This will be a pretty unique build that's for sure :LOL:

*(ignoring the green for now obviously)

Re:

Finally! The big day! First Spin!

A quick paned (cup of tea) and I'm off to try out the Concept 90 on the road for the first time. I say road but I have a great cycle track that gives me time to see how it's all running before, with luck, heading out on some proper back roads into the wilds. A regular route on my Graham Weigh but this will be something else. Excited to say the least! Sun is out as well - big bonus. Cheerio for now all :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L9obMiVoY[/youtube]

as long as it goes better than this should be ok - Diolch MalV x ;)

Back