Dave Lloyd 753

And aside from a trade show, I don't think they have all been under one roof, not even for a magazine review (have they.?)

Re:

Awesome work Gio - my favourite of your stable and one of the best on the site - good skills :D

sinnerman":2vephzgw said:
And aside from a trade show, I don't think they have all been under one roof, not even for a magazine review (have they.?)
It might well have to be then ;)

If it ever happens you will definitely have to come round...

Giom6":7l0cptlp said:
sinnerman":7l0cptlp said:

You keep this up, and it would be my pleasure....!

Re: Re:

Coleman":lql8zd6d said:
Awesome work Gio - my favourite of your stable and one of the best on the site - good skills :D
Thanks mate. Nice of you to say so. This and the Vulcan are my favourites.

Need to give her a try out and see how they differ.

sinnerman":2zeit05z said:
Giom6":2zeit05z said:
sinnerman":2zeit05z said:

You keep this up, and it would be my pleasure....!
Might as well give it a go - you never know ;)

Re:

that friday feeling.... :cool:

Attachments

• img219.jpg
    img219.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 299
Re:

Having ridden three different Cats Wiskas, including the one in the MBUK article above, I can say that they are all different from one another.

One is very fast and lively, one feels very similar to my 1992 DOGS BOLX and the third is a bit of both.

From this I conclude that if you wanted a meaningful comparison between the DOGS, Cats and DONKIS, then you would need three frames of near identical dimension and very similar weight, what you would then be comparing would be both the skill of the framebuilder and the characteristics of the tube, for instance Columbus MAX OR feels totally different from Reynolds 853, and both those frames were made by Dave Yates.

It would be great to get a bunch of these bikes together and to ride them all and compare notes, but I don't think it would prove much, other than each bike is different and what one rider likes another may not.

Shouldn't stop us trying though, so I'll volunteer a DB and a couple of Cats (the third is shortly off to a new home).

One proviso: You break it, you fix it!

Latest posts

Back